Forums Latest Members
  1. Dombo63 Dec 20, 2015

Having been told by my OB that the wait for my Silver Snoopy Award could be anything up to 10 months, I had an excited call from them last week and went along to collect it.
    I have to say, the writing, speech bubble and little Snoopy do not detract at all from what is a very nice looking watch, and the caseback really is a work of art that others' photos have done more justice than my iPhone 4 efforts.
    It is one of those things that you know you will appreciate long after the price is forgotten, and given most of us paid for it full on ordering six months ago, the money is now gone and forgotten so it's like getting a free watch for Christmas.
    Alongside the classic Moonwatch the Snoopy complements it perfectly and, I have to admit, that having initially seen the Snoopy as a way to a quick profit, I have grown very fond of it, and am deciding which kid to leave it to!
    It sits very well on the wrist, feels slightly different to the Moonwatch and is a joy to look at. Coming home from the boutique I was slightly nervous with one on each wrist and have decided the Snoopy is for special occasions - having seen what now seem to be fetching, the little fellow is spending more time in the safe than being worn, just coming out for a daily wind and an admiring gaze.
    Thanks you to all on here for all the advice and guidance over the last six months.

IMG_0141.jpg IMG_0143.jpg IMG_0144.jpg IMG_0146.jpg IMG_0156.jpg
    Jones in LA, Sameh, gemini4 and 5 others like this.
  2. repoman Dec 20, 2015

Congratulations... that wait was brutal, but it was oh so worth it. :thumbsup:

3. taz101 Dec 20, 2015

Yours was AD not Boutique? I got the same 10 month deal :(

4. bryanmanio Dec 20, 2015

Looks great!

5. Dombo63 Dec 21, 2015

No, got mine from boutique. I found the AD's too vague. 10 months is the absolute maximum because of the caseback. The girl in the boutique was explaining how lucky I was to get a low number (mid-200s) and that there were delays due to difficulties getting the enamelling just right. When I dead-panned that in that case I'd have preferred a mid 1500's number some time next autumn when the enamellers should have figured out how to do it, her face was a picture.

YurRomeo1 likes this.
  6. taz101 Dec 21, 2015

yea i've since heard they expect all to be out by June latest now fingers crossed. I just hope my AD doesnt decide to tell me he couldnt get it after all and stick it on Ebay with a personal account seeing they are going for nearly £10k!!!

7. lillatroll Dec 21, 2015

I dont get why you buy a watch so that it can spend its life in a safe..such a waste. That said I am sure you will enjoy it the few times a year you put it on your wrist. Congratulations, its a great looking watch.

8. taz101 Dec 21, 2015

Well I would normally agree but this is a pretty special piece and I think pulling it out to gawp over it makes it more special. Defo one to keep for the grandkids etc (of course they will stick it on ebay you understand :) )

9. Dombo63 Dec 21, 2015

Seems like tempting fate to leave it lying about, and with two others to get wrist time - Moonwatch for daily wear and G-Shock for playing - it was never going to be one for mountain biking and going to the beach.
    I have to say though, when I took it out for its daily wind, it does keep spectacularly good time.

Sameh likes this.
  10. guelerct Dec 21, 2015

Thanks for the side by side. It does look pretty great.
    And I agree about the save and sell. It is just as bad as sports or concert tickets being gobbled up only to gouge interested consumers. It flies in the face of what the WIS crowd should be.

11. Mark22aa Dec 22, 2015

I understand putting it in the Safe. I have a funny story. I turned 40 this year and my wife let me buy a special present. I decided on a watch and I finally bought the 2003 Snoopy. I got it from Japan on Ebay. Being nervous about it, I took it to my Omega boutique and they authenticated it for me. While there, they told me about the new Snoopy watch. Damn them! In any event, I saw a picture of it and put a deposit down that day. I then called the boutique every couple of days and luckily, because I didn't care what edition number I was getting, I called on a day when they got two. Apparently the guys ahead of me in line didn't want the number so it was all mine. I bought it that day, wore it for two days, and it went into the Safe Deposit Box for the time being. I was tempted to sell it, especially given that the watch is now going for north of 12k. One just sold yesterday on Ebay for something like 12,500! That said, I just adore the watch so much that I can't bear to wear it lest someone breathes on it wrong. I will probably pull it once in a while but I am saving it for the kids. I am very happy with the first Snoopy although I definitely like this better. My credit card...not so much.

IMG_8094.jpg
    Sameh likes this.
  12. Sameh Dec 22, 2015

congratulations man,
    It really looks wonderful,,, and i'v just noticed the great combination between the black hands on the white dial! Also, the black leather/fabric band gives it a different personality:thumbsup:.
    Enjoy your watch and pass it to your grandchildren to enjoy and appreciate as well!
    Cheers,
    Sameh.

13. Dombo63 Dec 22, 2015

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does WIS mean?

14. Sameh Dec 22, 2015

I agree with you.. you know something, I really respect a watch that was designed for a single purpose,, not to forget how elegant and iconic looking.
    For this particular timepiece, you can enjoy it at the office, on formal occasions as a dress watch, on casual wear and jeans.. etc... but not on the beach or the swimming pool... it's not a marine watch as the seamaster is.
    I'm planning to have one as soon as I have the funds for it.. most probable the new one with the display back and automatic movement (the sapphire sandwich :)) not the original man on the moooooooooon speedie.

15. taz101 Dec 22, 2015

i hate this 10 month thing!!!

16. Dombo63 Dec 22, 2015

Patience grasshopper.
    Look at it this way, if you get the very last one, number 1970/1970, how cool will that be?
    Plus they'll have got that enamelling properly sussed by then.

Sameh likes this.
  17. ulackfocus Dec 22, 2015

Another contender for "2015 Thread Title of the Year".

Jones in LA likes this.
  18. italy1861 Dec 22, 2015

Watch Idiot Savant