Forums Latest Members

The 2022 Time 4A Pint Movember Raffle - Results (More than £9k raised!)

1. tyrantlizardrex Nov 2, 2022

mov_22_email_sq.jpg

2022 marks my eighth year of spectacularly awful moustache growth.

I have proven beyond question that I am not good at growing a moustache.

But each year I remove the beardy mess that hides my double chin, and hand over my upper lip to a good cause for a full 30 days.

Now you may ask why I put myself, or indeed those I love through this - well, partially because I quite like it and it is the only time of the year that my long suffering partner will allow such silliness, but primarily because it announces to the world that I am raising money for the Movember Foundation - A leading charity that is changing the face of men’s health - And supporting their mission to stop men dying too young, of testicular cancer, prostate cancer, and through suicide.

This is a mission that I think is incredibly important.

Just looking at the simple numerical facts - Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men, prostate cancer the most common cancer in men overall, and suicide the biggest killer of men aged under 50 globally, with the loss of one man’s life every minute.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if no man had to lose their life to these three things?

I think so.

To help make this a reality, over the last few years I’ve grown moustaches and raffled off horological goodies with the support of some wonderful people and companies.

So far we’ve collectively raised £45,276.

Which is epic. And thanks to the ongoing support of some truly fantastic friends at some spectacularly generous companies, continues in 2022.

So what could you win?

• The Antiquarian Horological Society - 1 x One Year’s Membership to the AHS

• Bremont - 1 x Bremont MB Masterclass and Tour Experience for Two - Worth £990
    • Farer - 1 x Limited Edition Farer Lander Midnight GMT Automatic Watch worth £1,200 (ships from UK)

• Isotope Watches - 1 x Isotope GMT 0º Olive Green Automatic Watch with full bundle of accessories worth £1,290 (ships from UK)

• RENITOR - 1 x RENITOR 8 Watch Travel Storage Case worth £89.99 (ships from UK)

• Two Stitch Straps - A prize bundle of 1 x handmade two piece strap, and 1 x handmade leather NATO worth up to €169 (ships from EU)

• WOLF - 1x Navigator Triple Watch Roll & 1 x WOLF Watch Maintenance Kit worth £294 (ships from UK)

• Zodiac- 1 x Limited Edition Zodiac Super Sea Wolf World Time Automatic Watch (ZO9410) worth £1,499 (ships from USA)
    How can you get involved/learn more?

See images and details of all the prizes available in this year's Time 4A Pint Movember Raffle, and get your tickets at www.time4apint.com/movember2022

Tickets are priced at £12.50 and along with maybe winning an awesome prize, you will also be helping to stop men dying too young, of testicular cancer, prostate cancer and through suicide.

Cheers

Chris

X350 XJR, noelekal, Aludic and 13 others like this.
  2. Jonathan40 Nov 2, 2022

Kicked it off with 10 tickets good luck to you and me but mostly you.
    As always thank you Chris.

3. tyrantlizardrex Nov 2, 2022

Thanks so much for your support - I've had some folks today offer up some nice little prizes, so will be doing mini-draws along the way, giving folks more chances to win nice little goodies as well as being in the big draw at the end. :)

4. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Nov 3, 2022

Tickets bought :thumbsup::thumbsup: Great work Chris! Really awesome that you continue to do this

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  5. tyrantlizardrex Nov 3, 2022

Thanks for your support - and good luck for the draw(s)! :thumbsup:

6. rob#1 Nov 3, 2022

Thanks Chris, keep up the great work. Ticket purchased, fingers crossed :D

7. tyrantlizardrex Nov 3, 2022

Thanks Rob!

8. Socks Nov 3, 2022

A noble cause, thanks Chris. Tickets bought!

Is it a bumper prize bundle or are they separate prizes?

9. tyrantlizardrex Nov 3, 2022

Thanks chap!

I’ll draw as many numbers as there are prizes and then in the order the numbers are drawn winners will be able to chose what they’d like until everything is gone.

I’ll also be doing some mini-draws along the way for some other goodies that have been offered up - if your number gets picked for one of those you win a prize and are still in the big draw at the end.

Togri v. 2.0 and Socks like this.
  10. tyrantlizardrex Nov 5, 2022

Morning all, couple of quick updates:

1 - At the end of play on 4th November, 186 tickets had been bought, giving us a donation (so far) to Movember of £1860. Wonderful stuff!

2 - Some more prizes have been donated by wonderful people at generous companies. I will be adding these to the listing in the coming days.

3 - There will be opportunities to win extra prizes along the way, with mini draws (hopefully one a week). The first will be this Monday (7th November) at 8pm GMT. Anyone who has bought a ticket by then will be in the mini draw (and also in any other mini draws along the way, and the big one at the end) and have a chance to win a very cool little prize.

If you have bought a ticket or tickets already - thank so much for your support, you are wonderful people!

If you're not planning to buy a ticket, no worries, I know people are committed to lots of different things and if this isn't for you, thats cool!

If you are planning to buy a ticket, but haven't yet, I'd strongly suggest doing so pronto to be in with the chance of winning the extra prizes mentioned above.

You can read about the raffle and the prizes here: https://www.time4apint.com/movember2022

Or you can go straight to the page where you can buy a ticket here: https://www.time4apint.com/store/2022-time-4a-pint-movember-raffle-ticket

Cheers!

Chris

11. ken_hodson Nov 5, 2022

Thanks Chris. A fantastic fundraiser for some really excellent causes. I've bought my tickets!

12. tyrantlizardrex Nov 5, 2022

Thanks Ken! :)

13. tyrantlizardrex Nov 6, 2022

Hey friends!

I hope you’re having a great Movember so far, have already got your raffle tickets and are excitedly awaiting the draw on the 1st of December.

In very good news, I am pleased to share that your tickets now give you even more chances to win, with the introduction of something I have decided to call the “Movember Monday Mini-Draw”.

’What is this new thing?’ I hear you ask.

Well it’s not one thing, but four!

Four extra chances to win prizes on the four Mondays in November (7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th), when I’ll be using the random number picker at random.org to draw numbers and send some lucky folks awesome prizes.

These draws are in addition to the main draw, and if you have a ticket you get to be in each and every draw from the point that you’ve bought it (get yours before 8pm on Monday 7th November to be in all four mini-draws and the BIG ONE!) - EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY WON A PRIZE!

Yes, that’s right - due to the truly random nature of the random number picker, your ticket number could get drawn in all four of the mini-draws and the main draw. The odds are long… but it could happen!

I’ll be sharing details of what’s in each Movember Monday Mini-Draw on the Sunday before the draw, and you need to have bought your tickets before 8pm GMT on the Monday of the draw to be in it.

On with the fun stuff!

In the 7th November Monday Mini-Draw you could win: One of Seven Signed Copies of 'About Time: A History of Civilization in Twelve Clocks' by David Rooney

DaveK and Horoticus like this.
  14. Horoticus Nov 6, 2022

Magnificent work Chris…tix purchased!

15. tyrantlizardrex Nov 7, 2022

Thanks Ken! :cool:

Horoticus likes this.
  16. tyrantlizardrex Nov 7, 2022

Evening all!

Just a quick note to congratulate the seven (7) winners of the first Movember Monday Mini-Draw, who will each be receiving a signed hardback copy of the excellent ‘About Time: A History of Civilization in Twelve Clocks’ by the wonderful David Rooney.

1. R O'Connor - United Kingdom

2. M Bautista - United Kingdom

3. K Guthrie - United States

4. S Alcala - United States

5. M Palmer - United Kingdom

6. S Hardy - United States

7. M Bozkurt - United Kingdom
    I’ll be collection the books from David this week and aim to get them in the post early next.

If you missed out this time, fear not, there are three more Mini-Draws this month, along with the main draw on the 1st December, and if you already have a ticket or buy it before 8pm GMT on Monday 14th November, you are automatically entered into all of the remaining draws!

Cheers!

Chris

17. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Nov 7, 2022

Sweet! Ticket purchased :thumbsup:

18. tyrantlizardrex Nov 9, 2022

Evening All!

Details for the next Movember Monday Mini-Draw on the 14th November are now live - you could Win One of Five Cased In Time Rugged Watch Cases worth £18 each.

To be in the draw you need to have bought a ticket before 8pm GMT on Monday 14th, your ticket then gets you into the draw on the 14th and final two Monday Mini-Draws (21st and 28th) and the Main draw.

If you already have tickets you are automatically entered in the mini-draw to win one of these Cased In Time cases.

Cheers!

Chris

Edited Nov 10, 2022
    Togri v. 2.0, DaveK and Horoticus like this.
  19. tyrantlizardrex Nov 13, 2022

Afternoon All!

Quick reminder that your next chance to win a prize is this coming Monday (14th) and that you need to have picked up your tickets by 8pm GMT to be in this Movember Monday Mini-Draw.

You could win one of five Cased In Time rugged watch cases worth £18 each that come in a choice of 17 colours.

movember_sq_CIT2.jpg

I've been testing one out (thanks to Andy!) and can confirm that you can fit a flightmaster or a Marine Chronometer inside of one!

To be in with a chance of winning a Cased In Time case this coming Monday and to be in all the following draws too, please get your ticket pronto!

BUY TICKETS HERE

Cheers!

Chris

20. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 13, 2022