Forums Latest Members

That Seiko I've wanted for 12 years!

1. hamster Kung Fu Hamster rules! Jun 15, 2017

Hello all!

Just thought I'd share a recent purchase...
    The story first though. Back in 2005, I started my first job post uni. I lived across the road from the city centre an everyday, I'd walk past a few jewellers. One day, I stopped and had a look at watches and saw a seiko that I absolutely loved. I was really tempted to buy it as a reward for my job but just couldn't bring myself to do it because of the money. Since then, I've looked at it on eBay regularly, and finally bought one this week! It arrived and I have to say, it's in amazing condition, looks mostly unworn! The dream has finally been realised!

IMG_6246.JPG
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 15, 2017

Congratulations! looks like it has some cool complications. any movement pics?

hamster likes this.
  3. bovecHD Jun 15, 2017

congrats, enjoy

hamster likes this.
  4. Rumar89 Jun 15, 2017

Congrats! Wear it good health!

semper_shells and hamster like this.
  5. hamster Kung Fu Hamster rules! Jun 16, 2017

Sadly not - I don't have any opening kit. As you say, the leap year/perpetual calendar functionality is cool. Looking forward to testing it out! I'm also keen to test out the sleep mode/energy preservation function!

6. Canuck Jun 16, 2017

Nothing much to see inside these modern quartz watches. A lot of plastic, and not much else.

7. BillLundberg Jun 23, 2017

Enjoy it man! Nothing like getting the watch you want! Perpetual calendars are great! I have a couple with that feature, those are my pick up and go watches

8. hamster Kung Fu Hamster rules! Jun 25, 2017

Cheers mate! I love it! Looking forward to seeing the month/day change this month. As sad as that is!