Forums Latest Members

That one moment when I realised that I have won!

1. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Nov 15, 2018

Okay so today during breakfast my wife asked me, when she could wear my Rolex GMT to work. I mumbled something about it being to service and she said she had hoped it could be today and pointed to my watch box.

That was when it hit me: my wife has lost count of my watches. She was with me, when I handed in the GMT for service last week, yet she sees another GMT at home and just goes “Uhh I would like to wear that”, EVENTHOUGH I have only told her about the purchase of my first GMT.

She has always made en effort to keep track but now she has lost the track. I guess it is all the endless bracelet and bezel swapping etc that finally confused her enough.

Well done Me! :D

Edited Nov 15, 2018
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 15, 2018

Used the old lying around everywhere and fruit bowl trick
    ( we don't actually keep fruit in the said fruit bowl due to living tropical and fruit lasting about half a day outside of a fridge )

Went from "did you buy another watch" to "Put these watches away" rather quickly.

PS: even got me a watch box off the boss for my birthday.....Win Win

Jwit, blubarb and Togri v. 2.0 like this.
  3. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Nov 15, 2018

Perhaps I will come to you for advise if the present and pleasant situation should somehow reverse :D:)

4. blubarb Nov 15, 2018

Nirvana achieved !! :):D

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  5. amphib44 Nov 15, 2018

Now the real work begins. What’s next on your “must have” list?

Waxtactic likes this.
  6. Waxtactic Nov 15, 2018

I hope you documented your efforts and will share with us how you've come to reach the Elysium fields. I expect to see something in the "Member Support" thread shortly, which I believe is the place to go get other members to help support our habit.

Thanks
    -Not Management

ConElPueblo and Togri v. 2.0 like this.
  7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 15, 2018

I must caution you all that confusion and losing count can be a double-edged sword. You Neanderthals who hoard and hide from the spouse as though it is some kind of parlor game risk greater losses than might result from transparency.

"May I wear it today?" easily leads to "You never wear it anyway, so it's mine now." and "But you have so many, why can't I wear them too? Don't you love me?", "Sell one of them and get me the ___________ I really want. Don't you love me?".

disclaimer: Mrs. Darlinboy::love:: is, of course, welcome to wear either of my two watches. :thumbsup:

Edited Nov 15, 2018
  8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 15, 2018

She just says “when you die I’ll sell them all” . That just tells me she’s not buying any of my BS.

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  9. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Nov 15, 2018

Mine happened the other day; "Oh, another watch box?" and she kept on walking...

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  10. M'Bob Nov 15, 2018

image.jpeg

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 15, 2018

Make sure all of your watch boxes are identical, that way she can lose track of those too :thumbsup:

Togri v. 2.0 and Waxtactic like this.
  12. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Nov 15, 2018

That one moment when I realised I had lost. ... The day we set up joint account's.

Nothing gets past Mrs Tet

Togri v. 2.0 and Waxtactic like this.
  13. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Nov 15, 2018

Now that you ask, my next is probably a birthyear Submariner, GMT or Datejust or the new white dialled 114300. I have my eyes on a 16800 from 1985 but not sure about condition yet. It is fairly “cheap” which worries me a little even though the gentleman selling it always has very reasonable prices and is a great dealer. Does’t come with box and papers either, which I would like :)

amphib44 likes this.