Forums Latest Members

That ain't necessarily right...

1. SkunkPrince Jun 13, 2021

Noticed something in another thread... guy had his bracelet attached to his watch upside down.

Now, I get it, for some of you, no one ever said there was a "right" way or a "wrong" way. And for some of you, I bet it fits your wrist more better to be upside down. You do you, and I wish you well.

But there is a convention that any symbology on the buckle faces the same direction as the symbology on the watch.

IMG_0731.jpeg

In this photo, you can see both the Ω on the clasp and the dial are both "right-side up".

IMG_0730.jpeg

In this photo, looking at my wrist and hand, Ω and my thumb are pointing the same direction and Ω is "right-side up".

As I said, if it fits better for you the other way, then go for it. But if you want to follow convention, this is it.

TimeODanaos and Paedipod like this.
  2. Fallout Boy Jun 13, 2021

The shown position is IMO easier to, open :)

apsm100, TimeODanaos and marco like this.
  3. keepsonticking Jun 13, 2021

What is REALLY frustrating is when the crystal is installed upside down.

Excuse me. I have some automotive work to do. My exhaust bearing needs to be lubricated.

4. JwRosenthal Jun 13, 2021

I’ve had a couple of fixed length bracelets (mesh-no links) that were too long for me. At the last setting, the clasp wouldn’t center under my wrist. If I flipped the bracelet around the “wrong way”, they did center. Obviously I am too anal retentive to live with that, so I just don’t wear those bracelets.

TimeODanaos and DaveK like this.
  5. SkunkPrince Jun 13, 2021

Oh, that's no fun. Most of the vintage ones are too short for me! I've seen some that have had provision to be adjusted or cut as necessary.

6. Paedipod Jun 13, 2021

The Tudor deployant clasp makes me nutso…..if you want the logo the “correct way up” the long side of the strap is on the 12 side of the watch and the tail and keepers on the 6. image.jpg

WestCoastTime likes this.
  7. SkunkPrince Jun 13, 2021

My watchmaker showed me this "trick"... the bracelet will fit better if the clasp is more parallel to the watch in this position.

IMG_0732.jpeg

apsm100, Caliber561 and Paedipod like this.
  8. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Jun 13, 2021

I’m left handed, and wear my watches on my right hand. The only way to get the clasp to centre on my wrist is to wear the BOR backwards on my ‘61 Seamaster. It is perfectly comfortable and happy for me this way.

M'Bob, Engee, Spruce and 1 other person like this.
  9. JwRosenthal Jun 13, 2021

I will spend more time than its worth to get that perfect centering, including moving links from one side to the other, then readjusting micro clasp…once is set though it’s done

M'Bob and Caliber561 like this.
  10. JwRosenthal Jun 13, 2021

Now that’s just a ridiculous design oversight. I’m sure they would have some reason why this is a feature and not a flaw

11. Caliber561 Jun 13, 2021

This is why I love vintage Omega flat links. The swing arm is very short, and the links are small enough that no matter where the clasp is positioned it feels like you're wearing a second skin. The new Speedmaster bracelet feels pretty similar, now that I think about it, but it just lacks the stretch links.

12. SkunkPrince Jun 13, 2021

I would never be able to fit that over my hand :( My hands are normal size but the wrists are somewhat smaller. I do have to struggle a bit to get into most bracelets.

13. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Jun 13, 2021

FF2315B7-B99B-4F9E-8F6E-B78666DDB63E.gif

14. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Jun 13, 2021

:oops:

15. JwRosenthal Jun 13, 2021

My ex was left handed, she went to Catholic school her entire childhood and they smacked her hand whenever she tried to write with her left and forced her to write with her right hand. She was actually pretty good with her right hand but had lovely penmanship with her left.
    You could see her right hand writing was very controlled and neat- perfect penmanship. Her left was flourished and fluid- very pretty….those nuns know how to beat the spirit out of you.

DaveK and WhiteThorn like this.
  16. Awetaylor Jun 14, 2021

I'm very guilty of this, but hey I also strictly believed that a watch should be worn on the non-dominant hand...

After years of being with my partner who does wear her watch on her dominant hand, I've learned to be flexible with my views or risk a curt response :whipped:

As long as it's not harming the watch, let the people wear as they will