Forums Latest Members
  1. ChrisP Dec 20, 2014

I inherited a 1950's Ladymatic from my mother. The local Omega store couldn't repair it and said it should be sent to Switzerland, where for $1200 they would look it over and repair it if possible. I posted a question about reliable repairs on this forum.
    Someone recommended Peter Whittle, of Whittle's Watch Works in Wayne, PA. He did extensive repairs: new stem, crown, mainspring, and automatic bushing, as well as replacing the broken band with one that was pretty identical. It now looks great and runs perfectly. The price was far less than the price the Omega store quoted. It must not have been easy to work on because the Ladymatic is a tiny cocktail watch with an automatic movement. He also did it in a matter of a few weeks. Although his shop is open limited hours, I mailed the watch from Boston and he mailed it back. Since he knew I was a total novice, he kindly posted jpegs of the parts all laid out and explained what he was doing.
    I just wanted to thank you forum members for your collective advice. Since the Ladymatic is not in fashion and isn't intrinsically valuable, but has great sentimental value for me, it was great to find someone who could do the repair.

ChrisN, Mothra and alam like this.
  2. alam Dec 20, 2014

Thanks for sharing! it is now book marked! :thumbsup: http://whittleswatchworks.com/

3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 20, 2014

There should be a 'recommended watch repair shops' forum (like the buyers/sellers one). This is probably very helpful for a lot of folks.

4. alam Dec 20, 2014

I read that one before..... :)

Edited Dec 20, 2014
  5. ulackfocus Dec 20, 2014

Uh, so how come you didn't post them? We ::love:: that kind of sh::censored::!!!!