Forums Latest Members
  1. Markinrecess Apr 29, 2017

I am a very new member here on OF and I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to my fellow members. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but over the course of time I have found myself happily wandering through various different threads and learning, learning.
    I have a few mechanical watches that I have picked up over the years for various different reasons, but have never been a member of any forums. OF is a very steep curve, that I am guessing will continue on the upward trajectory for some time.
    I came with no particular objective (but have been hankering after a speedmaster for some time). I can see the debates between new and vintage, between wearable and collective, and think I am closer to knowing what I want and have been pretty close to buying once or twice.
    The wealth of collective knowledge here is immense, and so so open.
    Buying without due diligence is foolish, buying a vintage watch without it should be criminal, you could be left with a water damaged, service 'dialed', missing hair spring, piece of shit. Not to mention losing the fun of learning something and taking part in the all important 'hunt'. Of course as a newbie it is daunting to contribute considering all the experienced people here.
    If I ever spot and buy an ultraman in some old house sale OF will be the first people I tell.
    So finally Thank you

Larry S, ahartfie, chanbar and 6 others like this.
  2. Vitezi Apr 29, 2017

Well then, by now you know that all threads are useless without pictures. :) Please address that deficiency immediately, with a few of yours.

ahartfie and oddboy like this.
  3. Markinrecess Apr 29, 2017

My bad, some of my current favourites, my grandfathers 1967 Geneva, a nomos metro, and a Panerai that I use as a beater + a Marc Newson Mont Blanc FP that I am using as my everyday pen at the moment IMG_0147.JPG

4. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Apr 30, 2017

Nice Nomos. :thumbsup: