Forums Latest Members
  1. ffej4 Survey Man May 30, 2015

Hey everyone,

You guys have helped me out a lot thus far.

As many of you know, I've been on a mission to find a Speedy. Initially, I was on the track to get a NOS 3570.50 for an exceedingly good price, but unfortunately, that fell through.

I continued to hunt, and I eventually found a 3594.50 '57 reissue that I ended up trading for.

I have asked plenty of questions and have started plenty of threads, and I'd just like to say, you guys have been an enormous help!

First, I had asked about aftermarket bezels, as I wasn't sure whether or not they were any good, or if the attitude towards them was positive. As I quickly found out, people tend to think that one should purchase OEM bezels. I ended up purchasing an OEM bezel based off of your guys' advice, and I can say that I am not disappointed!

My next thread, I was asking about the best affordable clasps on the market. After Archer and a few others name dropped RHD deployant clasps for leather straps, I ended up purchasing those as well. They are in the mail still, and I am sure that they will not disappoint.

The following (and current) thread is regarding a hobbyist watchmaker who services things quite cheaply compared to other watchmakers in other areas. There's a lot of controversy (encouragement, suggesting caution, suggesting staying away from him, etc), so I am still in the process of gathering information and performing due diligence on a variety of independent watchmakers, and eventually I hope to come to a final decision.

I just want all of you to know that you have been a huge help, and that all advice is much appreciated.

I also don't like to come off as a cheap bastard, but I definitely do have a tight budget (being a student), hence all the questions about cheaper bezels/clasps/services. If I could, I'd go with OEM and Omega-certified everything, but my main bulk of cash went toward the Speedmaster itself.

Again, thank you all. Everyone's advice (even if it's, "Jeff, you're being a dumb ass") is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jeff

TNTwatch likes this.
  2. alfanator May 30, 2015

Dear Jeff. I am not sure about the others here, but i was a poor student with a watch habit while in grad school. I know how it goes.

Sold a cherished Red Sea Dweller to pay for tuition and food one quarter. Had to keep the priorities in order :)

ffej4 likes this.
  3. TexOmega May 31, 2015

So, if this has been a group effort, when's my time to wear it?

:D

ffej4 likes this.