Forums Latest Members

Thank you Cicindela and GatorCPA for helping remind me what it really about.

1. Waynepjr Mar 19, 2014

As some may or may not have read on a recent post I made, I was rightfully given a lashing for offering for sale a rare box that I own and posting it for sale on eBay at a rather crazy price in a more stupid way of trying to find of the value. All of which was wrong on my part. Completely!! It is being withdrawn after posting this.
    More importantly though, as I was trying to justify my poor actions I brought up the fact that I was initiated into the watch world at 8 years of age breaking down old Elgins on the weekends with my grandfather. As the night progressed, I realized just how he would be disappointed in me and would agree with those comments in the negative.
    It took a good ole rant to bring me back to reality to what it is all about in this game, integrity. No just in the set that I was breaking up which was wrong, but myself. It would be a real travesty on my part to break up a complete original set that has managed to stay together for so long when this just rarely happens. But it is all about integrity in this game. So many do offer all originals that are not, unmolested watches which turn out to have movement replacement parts, etc. We ALL know this happens and buy on the integrity of selling.
    It all comes down to integrity. Thanks gents for the reminder. Needed that swift kick in the ..........

Wayne

Tritium, Mothra, CdnWatchDoc and 4 others like this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 19, 2014

I was probably a little hard on you. No concerns here.

Waynepjr likes this.
  3. Waynepjr Mar 19, 2014

Brought me back to my roots and I needed that. Thanks!

Wayne

NT931 and SpikiSpikester like this.
  4. woodwkr2 Mar 19, 2014

Wow. Nicely done mea culpa, Wayne. A good reminder for all of us!

Waynepjr likes this.
  5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 19, 2014

It is a rare person indeed that will take responsibility for their actions in the way that you did. We certainly appreciate that.

We've all made mistakes, it's how you handle yourself afterwards that counts the most. Which in your case, is quite well.

All is good,
    gatorcpa

Waynepjr and MikiJ like this.
  6. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 19, 2014

Terrific! Really nice to know that there are a few of us "real watch guys" still around ;-) Miki

7. ulackfocus Mar 19, 2014

You mean I missed a chance to have fun with my aluminum bat? ::stirthepot::

Waynepjr likes this.