Forums Latest Members

Thank you all for steering me in the right direction!

1. imt58 Aug 31, 2012

The 1958 Seamaster went for £585 so I bought the one you all tried to steer me towards:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE1950s-O...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item2a22470cabPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

It was re-listed, starting price £315 and the seller let me buy it for that before the auction got going. So have I achieved one of the deals gatorcpa and ulackfocus seek?

I look forward to its arrival and will continue to enjoy the forum as an owner of o-me-ga!

MKelley likes this.
  2. ulackfocus Aug 31, 2012

$500 is a good price for that IMO. :thumbsup: Nice watch.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 31, 2012

Very nice!

I have a rose gold capped date at 6 version. That is one of the more unusual dial configurations.
    gatorcpa

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 31, 2012

This is clearly a better buy than the one you originally inquired about. Hope you enjoy it!

5. alam Aug 31, 2012

good deal and congrats! :thumbsup:

6. bob martian Aug 31, 2012

that watch is definitely going to grab peoples attention. great conversation starter

7. seamonster Respectable Member Aug 31, 2012

Respectable Member imt58

Congratulations, for being the new owner of this attractive watch.

The advice you get from this forum is always invaluable and at the end of the day, you make the decision. You have made a correct one, based on the opinions of experts and enthusiasts in this forum.

I have seen the listing for some while and had half a mind to pick it up. Unfortunately, my circumstances do not allow me to do so. Anyway, it is nice to know that this beauty is going to a good home. Whatever, I am sure you will come back and start looking for another, when your realize one is never enough.

Thank-you.

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 31, 2012

Very nice

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 31, 2012

I am so glad you had the patience to stick it out, I know you became quite frustrated at times;) I think you got a very nice watch, nicer then many you looked at. It has a very similar gestalt to the Seamaster that I just acquired:

Yours:
    [​IMG]

Mine
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. bob martian Aug 31, 2012

those are both nice Seamasters. I wonder if the crown on that calender model has the Omega emblem on it. If it does, it might original.

11. imt58 Sep 1, 2012

Respectable Member seamonster

my partner Sue has other opinions on this matter until I part with one of my beloved motorbikes. She thinks that 2 motorbikes are too many as I can only ride one at a time; I can see her applying this philosophy to watches :(

12. imt58 Sep 1, 2012

How will I know? I intend to post some pics on receipt although I've got 2 weeks holiday starting tomorrow so it may take a few weeks.

13. bob martian Sep 1, 2012

hmm, sounds like it is time to get rid of Sue ::blowup::

imt58 likes this.
  14. bob martian Sep 1, 2012

if the crown is original it will have the Ω Omega on it. The crown matches the case well, so I think there is a good chance.

[​IMG]

15. seamonster Respectable Member Sep 1, 2012

Respectable Member imt58

Simple solution to the issue.

Keep Sue, keep your 2 motor-bikes and also, keep the Seamaster. Slowly, get her exposed to the contagious disease. Once in a while let her wear your vintage Omega. Over a period of time, probably she will be able to appreciate the beauty of your vintage Omega. When that happens, it will be an opportunity for you to get another.

Thank-you.

imt58 likes this.
  16. seamonster Respectable Member Sep 1, 2012

Respectable Member cicindela

Both watches are just gorgeous. Put them against a new Seamaster (red, green, blue or yellow gold) and we will then discover the true meaning of the word 'CLASSIC!'.

Thank-you.

imt58 likes this.
  17. seamonster Respectable Member Sep 1, 2012

Respectable Member bob martian

99.99% of the ladies will share Sue's view and opinion. It is nothing out of the ordinary. The fact she has allowed our friend imt58 to keep two motor-bikes, shows she is a reasonable lady. Generally, it is more expensive to maintain those two motor-bikes than a few vintage-watches.

When the Seamaster arrives, most likely Sue will be surprised to see the half a century old watch, looking so beautiful and evergreen.

Thank-you.

imt58 likes this.
  18. imt58 Sep 1, 2012

I

19. seamonster Respectable Member Sep 1, 2012

Respectable Member imt58

For your better-half to wear her Gran's vintage Rotary, half of the battle is won. It means she appreciates something that is vintage, though her Rotary carries a sentimental value. Indeed, Rotary made lovely watches, during the good old days. Unfortunately, Seiko and Citizen watches have managed to kill some of our better-known Swiss watches.

Though I do not have any knowledge about vintage motor-bikes, your classic BMW should stay. It is a good idea to part with some of the other watches that you have. It is a good move to get her a vintage ladies Omega, before you start falling in love with another vintage-watch. Sooner or later, you may feel that your beautiful vintage Seamaster is lonely, without brothers and sisters.

Thank-you.

imt58 likes this.
  20. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 1, 2012

There is no way to decide on which bike to keep. It's not as if they're even comparable for function or style. :(

Maybe you can get her a nice vintage watch for herself, so she starts to appreciate why you like the hobby. I did something similar with mine ;)

imt58 likes this.