Forums Latest Members
  1. gdupree Nov 7, 2017

Over this last weekend, I had the chance to go hiking with my wife in the central/west Texas area. Near sunset it ended up being a quite nice view. So, naturally had to take a picture of my wife and my watches. Light was low and the photos were getting a bit grainy, but decided to share anyways.

The '74 speedy, with my wife's Seiko cal 4205 diver.
    IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

Lastly, I'm sure there's a boot thread around here somewhere, but anyone else here into boots? I know I can't be the only one. Yet again, this is a catagory that I am lucky enough for my wife to share an interest in. My Red Wing Iron Rangers, and her Danner Mountain Lights.
    IMG_0264.JPG

2. Ninja2789 Nov 7, 2017

nice shots! hiking area looks great. Where is this?

I still remember going with my then girlfriend (now wife) to Enchanted Rock around fredricksburg for a weekend. She ended up forcing me to scale a side of a mountain, climb through a hole full of spiders, and we ended up having our cooler destroyed by squirrels.

Memories . . .

3. McKinley Nov 7, 2017

You are VERY lucky she shares your interests. My wife isn't interested in my watches, even though I have offered to let her wear some of the smaller diameter ones. She has no interest in my firearms and hasn't gone shooting with me in over 2 years. She has no interest in my coin collection either. She does have a crock pot or slow cooker for a meal of just about any size. I think she has 5 or 6 from 5 quart to 16 quart. My family even jokes with her that they are what she collects and we refer to them as her "collection". I will admit, she will yard sale with me, although we are on totally different planes. I ask if the owner of the sale has any watches, firearms, old coins or unwanted jewelry. If the answer is no, I am headed for the truck, meanwhile she is pawing through the ladies clothing or drapes for something she likes. LOL We have fun, but sitting in the truck waiting and thinking I might be missing a vintage watch or an old Colt revolver just down the road, while she does this can be very frustrating. Enjoy your time with your wife. Congratulations.

McK

4. gdupree Nov 7, 2017

Haha. Good times! My mom grew up in that area, in Johnson City. Fredericksburg is the closest "big city," and have countless memories of driving to fredericksburg to during the holidays to see a movie or check out the WWII museum with my dad there when everyone gets inevitably gets bored over the holiday. I've been to enchanted rock a few times, but mostly just have stories from my mom when she was growing up.

This was near Center Point, TX, just north west of San Antonio, so not all too far from fredericksburg

noelekal likes this.
  5. gdupree Nov 7, 2017

Haha, ah. I am lucky to share a lot of interests, but to be fair I think she largely follows along just because I am interested - which actually means more to me than her actually being interested.

She will go shooting with me from time-to-time, but boy does she love a good yard sale or estate sale...

noelekal and McKinley like this.
  6. Ninja2789 Nov 7, 2017

I'll have to check it out. My parents are around 281/1604 in the San Antonio area so it's probably just a stones throw up north.

gdupree likes this.
  7. Honza Nov 7, 2017

Hiking is awesome. My wife does not enjoy hiking, however occasionally she comes with me, but my son does like. Who would not like to hike in a comfortable chair;)

IMG_8747.JPG
  8. gdupree Nov 8, 2017

There's a workout for ya! just keep it up and the weight will increase as he grows. 20 years from now and you'll have the legs of Arnold Schwarzenegger!

9. Honza Nov 8, 2017

Yeah, I do agree. Its definitely great work out and great family time.

10. kkt Nov 8, 2017

Beautiful! Where are you? That could be California highway 1, somewhere south of Monterey. Or I could be all wet.

11. Honza Nov 8, 2017

Honolulu in Hawaii