testing what I've learned on a 2374

Hi folks,

as you can see I'm new here, and like many before me, I'm trying to build up my experience for my first vintage OMEGA.
I'm focusing on the Bumper movement (preferably 40s to mid 50s ones) with sub seconds and am trying to sharpen my eye; I have read several times the "learn how to fish" thread (thanks to writer) and have surfed the vitage section quite a lot.

First up this 2374, with I believe the appropriate 30.10 RA cal. dating to 1944 (give or take)
Case seems in good shape albeit with a few scratches, with back and retaining ring; I don't believe it has been polished, with sharp edges. Crown is unmarked and looks okay(?)
My main concern would be on the dial? I don't believe it is the correct one for this ref, from the other 2374 I've noticed here. I don't thnk it is a repaint, just a different watch dial. Same applies to the hands.
s-l1600.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-5.jpg s-l1600-6.jpg s-l1600-7.jpg s-l1600-8.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help, and for chipping in; I am fairly new to the Omega world and this watch may be completely legit 馃槦

Regards
Slev

Hello Slev,

I strongly believe this is a redial, as a matter of fact.

Font in Omega and Automatic does not look correct to me. It is not aligned and the second track is also not as sharp. I am not convinced by the dial.

Case looks ok to me and movement as well.

Here is my 2374!

IMG_20201011_143542.jpg
Unbenannt10.jpg

As I said above, there are two versions, one is yours and the other is his. Might be redialed, but gold applied numbers and gold hands are not wrong.

As I said above, there are two versions, one is yours and the other is his. Might be redialed, but gold applied numbers and gold hands are not wrong.

Absolutely! I didn't mean otherwise 馃槈

Hi gents,

Thanks for your input much appreciated. I'll keep looking into it. I must say this is where the limits are. Without mentioning the Franken watches, there are a few different variants for the same watch case.. Do you know if the serial following the case reference (2 on this particular watch) has any indication on the design of the case?

Rudi, this is lovely 2374, congrats; it is much in line with the dials I have seen posted here. As SkunkPrince highlighted their does seem to be a gold hour version;

Thanks again for your help,

Regards
JEB

Hello Slev,

I strongly believe this is a redial, as a matter of fact.

Font in Omega and Automatic does not look correct to me. It is not aligned and the second track is also not as sharp. I am not convinced by the dial.

Case looks ok to me and movement as well.

Here is my 2374!

IMG_20201011_143542.jpg
Unbenannt10.jpg

I agree, the dial looks like it has been repainted at some point. The fonts are rather poor when zooming in, but I am sure it would look nice on the wrist.

Gents,

Thank you for time and explanations. My eyes clearly are't trained... I'm in no hurry, plenty of time to keep learning.

Many thanks
Kind regards
Slev

I too think it's a redial, a pretty good one but the minutes track looks shaky and the OMEGA isn't quite right - something with that right leg of the "A".