Forums Latest Members

Terrific Customer Service by Omega Boutique

1. TheBodhisattva Jun 27, 2019

I was messing around with my GsotM deployant clasp recently. Reverse engineering and messing stuff up as I’ve been prone to do since I was in diapers. After sliding the Omega plate off two of the tiniest springs I’ve laid eyes on shortly popped out. I hit the floor in a panic. See, without the springs the deployant won’t have enough tension to grasp onto itself. Renders the whole thing useless. I grab a magnet. Hours spent. Those springs were lost to the ages.

I purchased my watch grey market. So I spent weeks searching for a way I could bail myself out of this mess online. Nothing except buying an new OEM clasp availed itself. I emailed various repair shops online, none would touch this kid of job.

Then I got in touch with Mr. Joseph Garcia, the boutique technician at my nearest location, Houston, TX.

They received my clasp on Monday and Mr. Garcia HANDMADE the springs from another models inventory to fit my clasp as they are not really mass produced or at least something that boutiques have in inventory. Then he FedEx’ed it back next day air today and called to make sure his work was satisfactory. The cost. Nothing.

It’s that type of thing that creates lifetime loyalty and who knows, maybe I swing by their boutique in the near future for a PO I’ve had my eye on recently and not go grey market this time.

2E5E3149-B473-459A-BF04-E1ADC0A8F4D7.jpeg
  2. TheBodhisattva Jun 27, 2019

PS: don’t open these things up if you’re not qualified, lmao

3. Evitzee Jun 27, 2019

Good to hear. I popped in to the Omega Boutique in Houston last month and mentioned that my wife were in town for some doctor appointments and to celebrate our wedding anniversary and he promptly went in the back and presented me with a full sized bottle of champagne. And I've never been in that particular boutique before.

4. TheBodhisattva Jun 27, 2019

That’s impressive

5. BillLundberg Jun 27, 2019

Awesome! We usually accept the fact that we bought grey market and don’t expect much from the brand itself, right?

Wear it in good health!

TheBodhisattva likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 27, 2019

Isn’t there a thread about accidentally doing this from last year?

7. Bushido Jun 27, 2019

That is really fantastic service. I make it a point to stop into Omega boutiques whenever I travel. I have not been to one boutique ever where the service was not pristine, professional, and exemplary. It's one of the many things which keeps me loyal to the brand.

8. Evitzee Jun 27, 2019

I do the same thing.....drop into a boutique whenever I travel. When I did that in St. Louis in March I ended up putting down a 100% deposit on the Apollo 11 Anniversary watch. So it can have its ups and downs, money wise.

9. TheBodhisattva Jun 27, 2019

Man I wish I’d found it, I searched here, searched everywhere

10. drhombus24 Jun 28, 2019

Just search “the idiot button”

11. krh7 Jun 28, 2019

cheers to omega for this.

12. jsducote Jun 28, 2019

That's my local OB and I'm in the Galleria all the time. Next time I'm there I'm going to let him know about all the upvotes he got here.