Forums Latest Members
  1. Toishome Jul 7, 2017

Thinking on getting this watch and would appreciate some of your expert opinion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OME...124219?hash=item25da694dbb:g:PPoAAOSwvjdZW9jTPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I know bracelet is supposed to be Stainless steel. Dial looks great and looks original to my humble opinion. I am a bit worried about the case as it looks over polished on the corners and the case back font looks a bit suspect.
    Let me have it please :)

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 7, 2017

Not a popular model that we see that often so hard to judge.

But if you get it cheap it's a nice daily wearer, and I wouldn't say over polished

3. ConElPueblo Jul 8, 2017

I agree with you on the case back - it looks awfully rounded, but I am not too familiar with this model. The bracelet and buckle are fakes. On the periphery of the inside of the case back there are what looks like marks from rotor rubbing. Wobbly rotors are pretty common on these.

The fake buckle/strap which are described as being genuine articles would be enough to make me steer clear of that seller. If he lies about this (why not just get a good quality unbranded strap instead?!?), what else does he try to fool you with? Perhaps the overpolished lugs? Have a look at the gap between the strap end and the lugs in picture 10...

albertob likes this.
  4. albertob Jul 8, 2017

@ConElPueblo is right about the wobbly rotors. I personally own a cal 1012 and I had the same problem.

5. Toishome Jul 8, 2017

Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen, i appreciate it very much. I will stay clear of this one even though i love that gold and silver combination.
    Since the issue with the wobbly 1012 rotor was mentioned, i have a question.
    I just purchased a 1012 caliber watch that works well and keeps perfect time but is there any preventative maintenance i should be doing to it so i wont have problems?

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 9, 2017

To prevent wear/damage, watches need regular servicing. Observed timekeeping is not an indicator that the watch is fine.

If you are unsure of the last date of service, have a competent watchmaker examine the watch to see if it requires servicing.

Cheers, Al

7. Toishome Jul 9, 2017

Sounds good :thumbsup:. I guess next on my list would be to find a reputable watchmaker close by.
    I live in Toronto, Canada if anyone knows a good watchmaker ;).