Forums Latest Members
  1. Icaras Jul 12, 2013

Hello guys!

Been a while since I posted here last time, but! I recently bought an new Omega...
    The 366.0846 (166.0214 case), I been searching the whole internet but can't find anything except for the information on the vintage database.
    http://www.omegawatches.com/spirit/history/vintage-omegas/vintage-watches-database?ref=14697
    The difference seem to be that "Automatic" is written in the bottom on mine but at the top of the one linked above. Overall it's in a good condition, almost as new. On the back of the case it shows the Seahorse with text "Seamaster"in a circle, inside it looks like the 1010 cal.

[​IMG]

A few questions did pop up in my mind...
    Is this watch rare?
    What is it worth?
    Was it released during the same period of time as the Rolex Oysterquartz (got almost the same case).

I'll be happy for any information! :)

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 12, 2013

1. The watch is neither really common or rare, but collector interest is rather limited.
    2. As a result of 1 above, the value isn't particularly high. Maybe a couple of hundred?
    3. Yes. Very 1970's look to it.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

Viscera likes this.
  3. Icaras Jul 16, 2013

Anyone else got information?
    I just thought it was rare because I get like 3 results while searching on google, most other "rare" watches got a couple of hundred :)

Seen some other models (dat-date) with the same case and those got the "Automatic" at the bottom just like mine, is mine the 366.0846 or another model?

Thanks

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 16, 2013

Its probably best described as overlooked, from an era of Omega's history that isn't really celebrated that much. Its not that its a rare watch, there are plenty of them around but most of them are either still being worn by their original owners or sitting in drawers as watches like Speedmaster Pros, Constellation Piepans, Seamaster 300s and the like are the Omegas that people are interested in.

The best way to describe it is its a bit like the Toyota Paseo. Paseo's were not originally cheap, never made in huge numbers, but not rare either, only made for a few years and then discontinued. Its not a bad car, but if you're buying a 1990s Toyota 2 door coupe, you want a Supra, not a Paseo, and as a result its just not well known or really discussed.

You've got a solid daily wear watch, its an automatic which is great, and the bracelets on these models are reasonably comfortable, so you'll enjoy it, its just not a headline watch for Omega, and slips through the cracks a bit in the collector market.

5. Icaras Jul 16, 2013

Thank you for all the time given, I appreciate it! :)
    Well, indeed that might be the best way to describe it but however as you said in the bottom line it's a really nice watch but not really the one collectors want.

Now I've got a Dynamic, Seamaster 30 and this one ;)