Forums Latest Members

Tell me a joke! The OF humor thread :-D

1. Canuck Aug 24, 2018

Not a joke, really. But where else to put it? Tell me this was not done by computer. Check out this address on You Tube.

@wannerstedt

What watchmakers do in their spare time.

2. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Aug 26, 2018

Gotta love Rodney Dangerfield.

A few:

“I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist. Then she told me the truth: that she was seeing a psychiatrist, two plumbers, and a bartender.”

"When I was born I was so ugly, the doctor slapped my mother."

marco, M'Bob, Darlinboy and 1 other person like this.
  3. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Aug 26, 2018

More by Rodney:

“I came from a real tough neighborhood. Why, every time I shut the window I hurt somebody's fingers.”

“I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.”

marco, M'Bob, Darlinboy and 1 other person like this.
  4. M'Bob Aug 27, 2018

More Rodney

"My friend told me he saw me making love to my wife Tuesday night through the bedroom window. I said, ha! That's how much you know. I wasn't even home...

Darlinboy, Longbow and dougiedude like this.
  5. M'Bob Aug 27, 2018

"My wife signed me up for a Bridge group. I jump on Tuesday..."

Darlinboy likes this.
  6. Canuck Aug 27, 2018

You’ll probably be okay if you wear your light fall suit.

Darlinboy, M'Bob and Fritz like this.
  7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 27, 2018

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

p.s. If you read this and think it’s aimed at you, it is. Asshat. ;)

Edited Aug 27, 2018
  8. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 27, 2018

And more Rodney..

I looked up my family tree and found three dogs pissing on it.

I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap.

M'Bob likes this.
  9. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 27, 2018

and...

The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

A girl phoned me the other day and said, 'Come on over, there's nobody home.' I went over. Nobody was home.

marco likes this.
  10. verithingeoff Aug 27, 2018

THE END IS NEAR

Sean is the vicar of a Protestant parish on the border of Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland,
    and Patrick is the priest at the Roman Catholic Church across the road.
    One day they are seen together, erecting a sign which reads:
    "THE END IS NEAR. TURN YOURSELF AROUND NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE."

As a car speeds past them, the driver leans out his window and yells:
    "Leave people alone, you religious nutters. We don't need your lectures."
    From around the next curve they hear screeching tyres and a big splash.

Shaking his head, Father Patrick says:
    "Dat's da terd one dis mornin'."

"Yaa, Sean agrees, then adds: "Do ya tink maybe da sign should just say:

"BRIDGE CLOSED"?

gwzymytk, West Slope, Tubber and 6 others like this.
  11. Pun Aug 28, 2018

Trump has a heart attack and dies.
    He goes to Hell where the Devil is waiting for him.
    "I don't know what to do," says the Devil. "You're on my list but I have no room for you. But you definitely have to stay here, so I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I've got three people here who weren't quite as bad as you. I'll let one of them go, but you have to take their place. I'll even let YOU decide who leaves." Trump thought that sounded pretty good so he agreed.

The devil opened the first room. In it was Richard Nixon and a large pool of water. He kept diving in and surfacing empty handed over and over and over, such was his fate in Hell. “No!" Trump said. "I don't think so. I'm not a good swimmer and I don't think I could do that all day long."

The Devil led him to the next room. In it was Tony Blair with a sledgehammer and a room full of rocks. All he did was swing that hammer, time after time after time. “No! I've got this problem with my shoulder. I would be in constant agony if all I could do was break rocks all day!" commented Trump.

The Devil opened a third door. In it, Trump saw Bill Clinton lying naked on the floor with his arms staked over his head and his legs staked in spread-eagle pose. Bent over him was Monica Lewinsky, doing what she does best.

Trump looked at this in disbelief for a while and finally said, "Yeah, I can handle this."

The Devil smiled and said,

"**Monica, you're free to go*!"*

X vintage, STANDY, Fritz and 13 others like this.
  12. Edward53 Aug 29, 2018

(Shamelessly lifted from another forum)

A nun gets into a taxi and the driver won't stop staring at her. She asks why and he replies: "I don't want to offend you."
    She answers, "My son, you cannot offend me. When you've been a nun as long as I have, you've heard just about everything.. I'm sure that there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive."
    "Well, I've always fantasised about being kissed by a nun."
    She responds, "Well, let's see what we can do about that: #1, you have to be single and #2, you must be Catholic."
    The cab driver is very excited and says, "Yes, I'm single and Catholic!"
    "OK," the nun says. "Pull into the next alley."
    The nun fulfills his fantasy with a passionate kiss. But then the cab driver starts crying.
    “My dear child," says the nun, "why are you crying?"
    "Forgive me, I've sinned. I lied and I must tell you, I'm married and I'm Jewish."
    The nun says, "That's OK. My name is Kevin and I'm going to a Halloween party."

dan7800, Wivac, Tubber and 4 others like this.
  13. Professor Aug 29, 2018

Unfortunately not a joke as such.
    My grand niece came by one day to ask for my help with her car.
    The car often failed to start mainly because she left the radio playing a lot when parked running down the battery. A mechanic at a service station told her the battery wasn't holding a good charge so she should get a new battery.
    She told me all this then held out a bag with packs of C cell, D cell, AA and AAA batteries. She said she didn't know which size the radio took and couldn't find the battery compartment for the radio on the dash.

X vintage, Pvt-Public, flw and 3 others like this.
  14. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Aug 29, 2018

Typically, those who respond to substantial arguments with ad hominem attacks are unable to notice the irony, and clearly you are no exception. Sadly, that kind of blindness is also no joke.

Furthermore, your post reveals breathtaking hypocrisy, given that in a very recent PM you (baselessly) accused me of "picking fights".

Edited Aug 29, 2018
  15. M'Bob Aug 29, 2018

Hey you two! Now cut that out or no dessert for either of you!

Vercingetorix and Paedipod like this.
  16. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 29, 2018

It’s not Rodney, but a few more good one-liners...

- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they open their mouths.

- I don’t have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem.

- A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy people enough to make it worth the effort

- Some people cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go.

- How many narcissists does it take to change a light bulb? Just one - because the whole world revolves around him.

17. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Aug 29, 2018

[​IMG]

MMMD and M'Bob like this.
  18. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 29, 2018

A man was called on the carpet by his boss for allegedly insulting a coworker. "Is it true that you called him a jerk?”

"Yes, and he is!”

“And implied he was an idiot?”

“Implied? No! I made it quite clear.

"And did you call him an opinionated bloviating asshole?"

"Absolutely not! But would you write that down so I can remember it?"
    ::rimshot::

Paedipod, Fritz and Archer like this.
  19. verithingeoff Aug 29, 2018

A man on his Harley was riding along a California beach when suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, God said, 'Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish.'

The biker pulled over and said, 'Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride over anytime I want.' God replied, 'Your request is materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific and the concrete and steel it would take! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that could possibly help man kind.' The biker thought about it for a long time. Finally, he said, 'God, I wish that I, and all men, could understand women. I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, why she snaps and complains when I try to help, and how I can make a woman truly happy. God replied: 'You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"

Wryfox, bubba48, Paedipod and 7 others like this.
  20. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 30, 2018

Wife Missing? The first thing a husband should do.......CALL THE SHERIFF!!!

Husband:My wife of 15 years is missing. She went shopping yesterday and has not come home!

Sheriff:Height ?

Husband:I'm not sure.. A little over five-feet tall.

Sheriff:Weight ?

Husband:Don't know. Not slim, not really fat.

Sheriff:Color of eyes

Husband:Sort of brown I think. Never really noticed.

Sheriff:Color of hair?

Husband:Changes a couple times a year. Maybe dark brown now. I can’t remember.

Sheriff:What was she wearing ?

Husband:Could have been pants, or maybe a skirt or shorts. I don't know exactly.

Sheriff:What kind of car did she go in?

Husband:She went in my truck.

Sheriff:What kind of truck was it ?

Husband:A 2016 Brilliant Diesel Grey Pearl coat Ram Limited 4X4 with 6.4 l Hemi V8 engine ordered with the Ram Box bar and fridge option,LED lighting, backup and front camera, Moose hide leather heated and cooled seats, climate controlled air conditioning. It has a custom matching white cover for the bed, Weather Tech floor mats. Trailing package with gold hitch, sunroof, DVD with full GPS navigation, satellite radio, Cobra 75 WX ST 40-channel CB radio, six cup holders, 3 USB port, and 4 power outlets. I added special alloy wheels and off-road Toyo tires. It has custom retracting running boards and under-glow wheel well lighting.

At this point the husband started choking up.

Sheriff: “ easy sir,we'll find your truck!!!”

Tony C., OMTOM and Darlinboy like this.