Forums Latest Members
  1. Alpenschneerot Apr 23, 2013

Hi LouS,
    I have just purchased a wonderful book about Zenith-watches:
    The title is: Zenith, Präzisionsuhren seit 1865, Author Manfred Rössler, Ebner- Verlag Ulm, ISBN 978-3-87188-103-9.
    Inside there are a lot of pocket watches, wrist watches, Chronos etc. Wonderful pictures!
    There are also crowns, clasps, dials of different decades.
    I found out, that the model "Pilot" of this time also featured lume on hands and markers with arabic numerals just the way it is on my "Teheran watch".
    The caliber of both watches is 120. The "Pilot" has a screwed caseback and is waterproof, my watch has a pressed-in- caseback.
    Reiner IMG_0393[1].JPG IMG_0401[1].JPG IMG_0400[1].JPG

2. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Apr 23, 2013

Congrats... it's the Zenith bible. Definitely required reading.

3. John Chris Il Duca de Luca Apr 23, 2013

It's an indispensable book full of information that we enjoy correcting occasionally and adding to when possible. You'll have great fun with it, but it will lead to much money being spent if you're not careful! :p I don't have my copy with me, but I wonder if it shows any other watches like your Teheran beauty with the jewel count printed on the dial?

4. Alpenschneerot Apr 24, 2013

Hi John Chris ,in this book
    there is one watch, model "doublematic", that features the jewel count on the dial(page 171).
    You know, that Zenith delivered watches to all five continents, that means many different markets.
    So the taste in different countries is different. In the middle east the people in the late fifties liked red gold cases and black dials.
    So it is possible, that the dials differ a little bit from these for the Eurpean market.
    Finally I think, the whole watch with original case, crown, clasp and untouched movement cal.120 is completely original!
    Greetings Reiiner