Forums Latest Members
  1. JM251 Sep 19, 2014

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2014

Dial refinished.

3. JM251 Sep 19, 2014

Better looking than other redials I've seen but I can't spot a good one of these to save my life. Certainly seller misrepresented. Thanks for clarifying!

4. mbeast Sep 19, 2014

That seller sells lots of shiny watches that look great on the surface but have been refinished and/or polished to hell. Can see them being very tempting to the uninitiated. By "original" I guess he must mean the dial is original to the watch which is no great achievement.

5. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2014

To most eBay sellers, as long as the slab of metal that the dial was printed on is original, then the whole dial is considered original. To collectors, it has to have the original paint. Semantics at the very least, but we'd say it's not correct information.

JohnSteed and Tritium like this.
  6. Dogmann Sep 19, 2014

Hi all,

Well to me the strangest thing reading through his description is where he says

"Time + Date + Day + Month + Moonphase. (Date + Month In Swiss Or French Not Sure). "

As I have never heard of a Swiss language as far as I know they speak French, German, Italian or Rumantsch plus as you look through his pictures he shows the movement with both the Day & Month wheels both clearly showing they are in English!! and if he really did mean the date and not Day that's not in any language anyway its in numbers. How can he not of seen that on his own watch and his pictures?

Marc