Forums Latest Members

Tarisio Auction aka Shameless Self-Promotion

1. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Sep 16, 2015

I know many of the members here are classical music fans, so I don't feel completely off-base posting this. On September 22, 2015, Tarisio Auctions in New York is having its sale of Fine Instruments and Bows, and at this occasion I will be selling off one of my most prized possessions, an 1866 cello made by Nicholas François Vuillaume. Other notable lots are: a cello made by the older brother of my cello maker, the great French master Jean-Baptiste Vuillaume seen here, a violin made by Hieronymus Amati, the son of Nicola Amati, whose students were the famous Antonio Stradivari and Andrea Guarneri seen here, and a violin made a modern American master, Sam Zygmuntowicz seen here. The sale of my cello is going to go very far to replenish my depleted watch fund :D::psy::, but although I haven't played on it for a very long time, I am going to miss it very much :(.

Here is a link to a video from my student days. I'm sporting an Asian fro a la Sideshow Bob :cool:. It was the only video I could find of me playing the Vuillaume. The performance is of the last movement of Sibelius' String Quartet 'Voces Intimae'.

Edited Sep 16, 2015
    kidkimura, flyingout, oddboy and 2 others like this.
  2. ulackfocus Sep 16, 2015

Wow, that's a big amount of $$$ for a bass guitar you can't play with your fingers! :eek:

( :p )

I hope you do well in the auction.

jordn likes this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Sep 16, 2015

Beautiful instrument. Good luck!

Can't wait to see what watches are coming after this!

jordn likes this.
  4. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Sep 16, 2015

Of course you can! :)

mp10newart12.jpg

DirtyDozen12 likes this.
  5. kidkimura Sep 17, 2015

I don't know much about instruments, but the sheer volume of vowels in the makers' names have to make them important right? :whistling:GLWTS @jordn !

jordn likes this.