Forums Latest Members
  1. Mr Bing May 25, 2016

I've got the chance to buy a mint condition 2254.50. I have the funds but I also have a bathroom that needs some work. The bathroom can wait, it's not urgent, but a job I'd like to get done.

So I'm asking you guys to point out all the negatives about this watch. I want to hear that the movement is poor, the bracelet uncomfortable, the lume is mediocre and the overall finish of the watch is substandard.

It's not even a good looking watch right? In fact this could possibly be the worst piece of dirt that Omega have ever produced! Just look at this random pic I got from Google....everything about this POS is plain wrong....

image.jpeg

Looks cheap and nasty doesn't it. Why on earth anyone would waste their hard earned cash on garbage like this is beyond me.

Negative comments welcome....my missus wants the new bathroom and surely I don't need another watch ::confused2::

2. naidanac May 25, 2016

I agree. I have one and it's the worst watch I have. Ugh.
    I can't wait to get rid of the thing.

[​IMG]

3. Mr Bing May 25, 2016

Thanks, just the kind of reply I was looking for. Looks horrible. ;)

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 25, 2016

Everything is wrong about that watch. A diver with a unique bezel that is not round....do you HEAR that! It's not round!

That lume will attract mosquitoes and with that Damn virus around you're inviting trouble.

And then there's all the attention you may get from girls and guys and...and...mosquitoes!! That's right it's worth mentioning again.

5. naidanac May 25, 2016

It's not a Rolex Sub. I think that suffices.

jcs2000, Spy and Lonestar like this.
  6. froezenite May 25, 2016

That bracelet is basically a wrist hair chainsaw. Omega obviously stole the case design from Invicta.

Ravineman, Greatpa and Spy like this.
  7. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction May 25, 2016

No.

8. jfo2010 May 25, 2016

PM me the contact info for the watch. I can't let you make the mistake of buying that thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

9. tyrantlizardrex May 25, 2016

Want.

10. italy1861 May 25, 2016

Those horrible sword hands :confused:

11. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer May 25, 2016

You can remodel a bath relatively cheap these days. Just throw a coat of paint, new facet and toilet seat. $200 and it will look like new.

I had the 2054. It was over polished so I sold it. Aside, I hated the 2054 bracelet. You will actually love this watch with that speedy bracelet. It wore so very comfortable and has a great classic look.

Nitzbar, Nobel Prize and Mr Bing like this.
  12. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe May 25, 2016

The watch? you can't use it for poopin. Well, you can, but it doesn't flush, so you have to clean it up and thats nasty.

So here's your solution, buy the watch and poop in the woods!

oh..... that didn't work out the way I planned.

Oh well. Buy the watch. live with the toilet as is. After all, you don't see it when you're sitting on it!

Mr Bing likes this.
  13. igatomic May 25, 2016

If the bathroom is on your wife's "to-do" list, it might be prudent to do that first. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of these out there...maybe not in near mint condition, but if you are picking one up to wear, there isn't a silver-snoopy situation going on here.

Greatpa likes this.
  14. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe May 25, 2016

Get the watch, if the wife is going to put you into the dog house you'll have a lovely watch to keep you amused.

quito, Lonestar, OMGRLX and 2 others like this.
  15. sky21 May 25, 2016

I'm getting ready to undertake a bathroom remodel myself, and I do mean myself!! The prices charged by contractors for bathrooms these days is just insane. It's just a room and take a shower and do your business, it doesn't have to look perfect, except according to every woman alive. Get the watch, it's a nearly perfect diver. I want one too.

OMGRLX likes this.
  16. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices May 25, 2016

I hated mine. All three of them ;) Can't wait to buy a fourth :)

17. Bushido May 25, 2016

I bet you this watch doesn't even come with scratch and sniff stickers. Who the f*#^k would purchase a watch that doesn't come with scratch and sniff stickers??!!!

18. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock May 25, 2016

Do the bathroom. The watch will wait longer, and you'll have something to look forward to after you've finished the project. Plus, you'll have great ammunition for future purchases. "Remember when I redid the bathroom instead of getting that watch I wanted? You were right, it was the right choice back then. Now, come look at this one I want..."

Syrte and GBTRIUMPH like this.
  19. alam May 25, 2016

can't think of a single reason why anyone would get that watch! ;)

[​IMG]

by the way, I'm feeling the pain as I find myself this very moment in the middle of a bath remodeling project! :(

Edited May 25, 2016
    sky21 likes this.
  20. nfranco May 25, 2016

It makes me not wear my Speedmaster as much. Terrible thing.
    [​IMG]

dalethorn likes this.