Forums Latest Members
  1. medsia324 Nov 6, 2017

https://www.chrono24.com/omega/speedmaster-ck-2915-1--id7004143.htm

https://www.chrono24.com/omega/speedmaster-2915-2---broad-arrow--id7190679.htm

I am new to the Forum but decided to give it a shot. I have read MWO and Speedmaster 101 about watches like the watches found on Chrono24. The first is going for approx. $82.k and the second is asking $185.6k.

There is a big price discrepancy however I like the first piece better.

The first piece looks like an honest watch. Although it is worn I feel the components have aged together. It has a soft feel to it. I really like how uniform the dial has aged. The color is deep and rich. For me it is the most pleasant component of the piece. I like the wear on the bezel. It is pleasing to my eye. However the alpha hands appear serviced. Also there is corrosion on the back of the case and dirt on the pushers but I don't see signs of water damage or damage to the movement. I feel the movement looks quite good. The bracelet is correct with the correct number 6 end links. There are two types of bracelets that were used for this watch. If I recall MWO writes about this clasp which is less common than the traditional clasp. Both bracelets have the same clasp cover. I really like the hands. I believe they are original and I believe the lume on the hands and the plots are original. The seconds hand appears original. It appears the crown and pushers are new but correct to the piece. I feel that the case has been polished at some time but has not lost its original lines. The hippocampus is well preserved. The lugs are well defined and the case back does not have score marks.

I would appreciate feedback from the experts what they think of my assement of the first watch.

I have not reviewed the second watch as I would like to understand what establishes the price discrepancy between the two watches.

Edited Nov 6, 2017
  2. dan7800 Nov 6, 2017

I almost pulled the trigger on the 2nd, but $128 seems a bit high for shipping.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  3. medsia324 Nov 6, 2017

The nerve!

dan7800 likes this.
  4. AnotherDon Nov 6, 2017

Outright greed and/or contribution to overhead. The less expensive watch is sold by an individual private collector. The second watch is being sold by a retail establishment. Presumably the individual is less greedy that the business owner. or so it seems to me. ;)

5. BASE1000 Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 7, 2017

The individual private collector selling this watch is me :)
    And yes, I am selling this rare watch for, as I think, an honest and fair price. This is a CK 2915-1 that is only 4 days older than the one sold in Stockholm recently. Mine was delivered to Afghanistan the 12th of June 1958.
    Of course mine is pretty much more rugged and was really badly treated in its former live other than the swedish one. But isn't this what we love somehow about the vintage Speedy? They were working horses in hostile environments. Afghanistan is not the Moon, but in some respect it comes close... :D

I do also offer he 2915-3 on chrono24, which was delivered to Honduras october 29th, 1959 It is THE transitional Speedmaster with all the correct features for this transition between the reference 2915 and 2998.
    https://www.chrono24.de/omega/speedmaster-ck-2915-3--id6969512.htm

I appologize to the mods that this turns a little into an "I am selling my watch" thread. Maybe I should advertise the watches officially now in the sale corner. Until now I decided not to do so as I was not sure if this high price speedys have a market here but I might me wrong ..

Edited Nov 7, 2017
    MikiJ and ConElPueblo like this.
  6. Ninja2789 Nov 7, 2017

After seeing that $110 tropical 2998, I think you'll have decent company.

Regarding pricing descrepancies, the market as a whole often has a wide range of prices that aren't necessarily tied to condition. Sometimes it's speculative or greed, but often it is a lack of market knowledge.

While I be would wary, i still end up following a seller who asks too much from the market sometimes. when there's a lack of knowledge a watch can just as easily be underpriced as it is overpriced.

7. panaitchrono Nov 7, 2017

I see that are some wealthy members in here..:). Good luck with your sale..

BASE1000 likes this.
  8. Divetimer Nov 7, 2017

Nice watches Base1000

BASE1000 likes this.
  9. medsia324 Nov 7, 2017

While I be would wary, i still end up following a seller who asks too much from the market sometimes. when there's a lackof knowledge a watch can just as easily be underpriced as it is overpriced.

I don't understand.

10. Honza Nov 7, 2017

Wow, did not know that some omegas get such a high price. Time to go read more posts.