Forums Latest Members

Tag may have jumped the shark(s tooth)

1. tyrantlizardrex Jan 20, 2016

Just because you can put any face you want on your smart watch, doesn't mean you should.

Desperately trying to tie in their branding activities with their product line...

Shark tooth hour markers anyone? ::puke::

image.png

Edited Jan 20, 2016
    Ericoh likes this.
  2. Willem023 Jan 20, 2016

Very tastefully done
    :whipped:

tyrantlizardrex and Ericoh like this.
  3. blubarb Jan 20, 2016

::facepalm1::

4. abrod520 Jan 20, 2016

I'm a vintage Heuer nut, and with very little effort TAG Heuer could basically own my wallet. Yet for the last number of years, they've done absolutely nothing to nod towards their heritage (the one "vintage-inspired" watch they made had a telemeter bezel - because Heuers were well known to have been worn by artillery officers at Le Mans) and instead do stupid "brand ambassador" things like this. While I don't begrudge them the smartwatch - like Porsche with the Cayenne more than a decade ago now, you must sell these things to people with more money than taste in order to make the good stuff - they really need to acknowledge their admirable past in at least one product line in order to continue to be taken seriously by anyone who actually cares about watches.

Spacefruit, Mick Tock, bazamu and 3 others like this.
  5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 20, 2016

......and we are talking about a brand with very rich heritage..........

CdnWatchDoc and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  6. abrod520 Jan 20, 2016

Yep, as said :)

7. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jan 20, 2016

Kind of strange, since sharks are not known to be friends of surfers.

If you had a picture of a Formula 1 car on the dial, it'd be kind of like using nails as hour markers.

8. abrod520 Jan 20, 2016

They must be taking their cue from Rolex on the "obstinately ignore the money people are spending on your iconic past watches" rule, since who knows how much revenue they could grab by offering even the most half-assed '60s Autavia homage/reissue? Sure, it didn't work in 1994 with the Carrera, but nobody cared about vintage watches (much less vintage Heuer) in 1994

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  9. trama Jan 20, 2016

Not one of their best offerings. On a different level, as a shaper/surfer (crap at both btw) I am also not excited by their poster boy, seeing as he is clearly an SUP type menace (Standup Paddle Board). I mean, good for him and all, have fun and pay the rent, but as a watch this is not good, and as a choice of brand ambassador he is polarizing (believe me, SUPs are not overly popular in the lineup).

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  10. West Slope Jan 20, 2016

I have never liked Tag, always looked cheap to me despite the actual price.

Spacefruit likes this.