Forums Latest Members
  1. JAMIE1989 Mar 18, 2020

Morning everyone,

So I wonder if I can get some advice and knowledge from you all...

I brought this TAG new about two years ago now and it's a great watch. I brought it from a trusted seller on ebay with good reviews did my research so currently not worried about it being a fake.

The one thing that I was surprised about is that as of a few days ago, the bezel you turn to control the hands on the face to change time turns but I'm not getting a flush movement from the hands themselves, they are sometimes catching and then not so I'm unable to easily say move the time forward or back as required

Question is, is this normal? The dealer says yes and that it's likely the stem needs replacing. He works in the industry and days he can complete a full refurbishment on it and give a new warrenty also. (Yag suggest 1-2 years so seems okay)

This is my first nice watch that's mechanical so it's new to me...

Can add photos on request if you wanted to inspect the watch.

2. NGO1 Mar 18, 2020

Welcome Jamie. Please refrain yourself from posting photos of your watch. This forum is flooded with photos of mechanical watches of every country on earth. It frankly overwhelmed our Amazon servers. God knows Jeff has better things to do than tending to our loaded servers. Please try your best to describe the watch in details. If possible, please disassemble the watch and describe the condition of the stem. This will allow us to advise further. No photos, please.

3. JAMIE1989 Mar 19, 2020

Thanks for the warm welcome and no problem.

I'm not an expert at disassembly of watches and dont wish to avoid my warrenty.

I'm trying to eliminate the possible reasons. Could a stem prevent to watch hands from moving fluidly ?

4. Canuck Mar 19, 2020

526A444F-255B-4B03-A8E4-91C1F0136B12.jpeg

I have consulted my crystal ball, and it predicts that the only answer to the problem with your watch involves a trip to a watch repairer. Or maybe the seller will give a deal on solving any problem the watch may have.

5. JAMIE1989 Mar 19, 2020

Super helpful advice thank you...

P.s may be worth reading the last comment about posting images...

Walrus likes this.