Forums Latest Members
  1. Bushido Jul 17, 2016

This watch popped up at Basel this year and I must admit to being...curious.

Cliff Notes: Movement is based upon their CH-80 chronograph with a beat rate of 4hz and 65hr power reserve. COSC certified, which from my understanding is not terribly common in a tourbillon. Case is 45mm made from grade-5 titanium with 100m depth rating. Cost ~$16k USD for standard edition.

This all just had me wondering if it's worth checking it out in person once in stores for further consideration. From what I have read, Tag claims it is able to produce and offer this tourbillon at such a price point because they have this specific part done via machine finish vs the typical hand finishing on most others. From what I can tell, it appears to be a well made watch. However, I am not hugely versed on the CH-80 movement to judge all the ins and outs.

Bottom Line: Would you guys consider this as a unique watch (tourbillon at a much lower price point) to add to your collection? Or, is it more fluff than substance and still not worth further looking into?

[​IMG]Pic snagged from ablogtowatch

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 17, 2016

Meh. Flashy watch for people that don't know watches.

In its defense I'm not a fan of modern watch design.

3. thatonewatchdude Jul 17, 2016

With Tags track record so far I would personally see it as a risky investment.

4. abrod520 Jul 17, 2016

These new TAGs are absolutely enormous on the wrist, they sit there like tuna cans. Worth going in and trying on just to experience firsthand how misguided some modern watch vompanies have become...

I personally find the Hublot-01 / -02T designs vulgar and obnoxious but if it's your thing, it's your thing.

Foo2rama likes this.