Forums Latest Members

SOLD Sweet Vintage '40s LONGINES w/ uncommon two-tone mirror outer track

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 21, 2019

Today I offer a nice, smaller Longines from the 1940s. It is in very good condition throughout, and features fixed lugs. The steel case measures 32.5mm, and the lug width is 16mm. I believe it to be fully original with the possible exception of the crystal.

The dial is an attractive, and somewhat uncommon design. The Arabic numerals were often used during that wartime era, but the eye-catching, two-tone mirror track really adds interest and beauty, as it changes when viewed in different light and at different angles. There or some small points of corrosion, which can be seen in the photos below. The impact of these spots also varies depending on the lighting and viewing angle.

The hands are blued steel, and have survived well. I particularly like the second hand with its small tail, as this design was something of a carryover from pocket watches, which were still widely used during that era.

The case is very well preserved, and unpolished. There are just a few light scratches to note. As mentioned above. it does also feature fixed lugs. I imagine that the watch would look very good on a nice NATO strap, but of course leather would work equally well.

The movement is a cal. 12.68N, dating to 1944. This caliber was a reliable workhorse for Longines, and parts availability is not a problem. While the watch is working, I do not know the last date of service, and would certainly recommend one for regular use.

I ask €700 or NRO, including registered shipping from my home in Portugal. EMS express add €40.

Paypal or bank transfer, either in EUR or USD.

Feel free to ask any questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

aap, qboa, Radiumpassion and 4 others like this.
  2. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! Mar 21, 2019

This will be gone so quickly. ::love::

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Mar 21, 2019

Sylvie?

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 21, 2019

Sold! Thanks to the new owner and forum staff.

5. cchen Mar 21, 2019

nice watch!

6. alam Mar 21, 2019

another with a short flash-to-bang! :thumbsup:

7. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Mar 29, 2019

Thanks Larry— a is a pretty one but I haven’t been on here so often lately, so I missed it.
    But it looks familiar so I might have seen it originally on sale....