Forums Latest Members
  1. jimmyd13 Oct 8, 2016

Not sure how out of place this is in a forum for higher end watches, but Swatches have always made me smile even though I've never owned one.

There are three mint, in box, examples from 1992 and 1994 here: http://www.bamfords-auctions.co.uk/...atch-Watches--a-GZ125-Chandelier-wrist-watch/

A Chandelier, Leaf and chrono ...

1630.jpg
    Estimate £60-80 seems like a giveaway to me.

EDIT: looking at the photo again, I'm not sure the straw is original (it did come packaged in straw though!)

Deafboy likes this.
  2. lillatroll Oct 8, 2016

My understanding is that a few models are collectable and have a price tag in the hundreds. Even the commemorative Olympic set from Atlanta can be had for a few hundred quid and there are quite a lot of watches in that set. Bid if you like them but I doubt they are going to enable you to retire any time soon.:)

3. jimmyd13 Oct 8, 2016

They seem to sell through the dealers at £35 for the chrono and £55 for the other two .... it's just the whimsical nature of packaging a watch in straw or a fake wine/packing crate. I only ever buy watches that I would want to wear myself and I'm nowhere near fashionable enough to be able to carry off something like that ... yet they still make me smile.