Swatch — omega “Mission to Mars” [VIDEO] HANDS-ON

Lol silly me! I also fail to grasp that the outrage is predominantly about status, prestige, and $$$ instead of the actual watches...

People identify with their purchases, and sometimes a little too much, as is evident in these threads.

I saw a post on another forum where someone said they would think less of anyone who bought one of these. ::facepalm1::

It's just a watch, people...

Like 2
London grey market dealers on utube are going to London omega stores tomorrow to snap them up. This will not end well for Omega once demand supply starts to take effect. If Omega are trying to gain infamy in the same way Rolex are doing perhaps this should of been done with a more conventional Omega watch
It’s not a limited edition watch, Swatch is not a micro-brand, and this isn’t a Philippe Dufour level watch, if there is demand they can turn the taps on until it’s met and the scalpers get left holding the bag which would be quite enjoyable to see.

Like 5
It’s not a limited edition watch, Swatch is not a micro-brand, and this isn’t a Philippe Dufour level watch, if there is demand they can turn the taps on until it’s met and the scalpers get left holding the bag which would be quite enjoyable to see.
Just to add, in their first 5 years of production Swatch made 50 million units. They currently make 2 million Sistem51 mechanical Swatches per year and they have automation down to an art form. If they sell out Swatch are not going to have difficulty ramping up production as they are exceptionally efficient at it.

I thought they were limited edition, ok fair enough, agree on scalpers.

I think it's a fantastic idea. My daily driver is my SMP, but if I go travel, or just want a decent looking watch w/ Omega branding, I'll be picking up a Moon version of this. Throw a Nato strap on, and it will look like another speedmaster yet if it get stolen, or I destroy it I'm out 260 bucks. Great for travel, and with that Quartz movement, it will keep time better than many automatics until the battery dies. :) Blasphemy I know, but this introduces folks to the brand and way better than a store like Rolex where you can't even buy something.

Like 3
I thought they were limited edition, ok fair enough, agree on scalpers.
Yea I had initial worries too if it were limited but @Robert-Jan verified that it is definitely not, Swatch will churn them out to meet demand

Like 1
The Uranus will be the best seller because…well, yeah- I’m 12 years old,

Like 7
The Uranus will be the best seller because…well, yeah- I’m 12 years old,
We all are mate, we all are

Like 7
Oh I am interested in it’s composition. I honestly did think it was some type of plastic with a different name on it. So ceramic and castor oil kind of cool. When you look at all the damage plastic has done the the ocean etc. and realize it’s only been around since the 50’s (roughly I don’t know the exact date if anyone feels the need to be precise please go ahead) so I’m not going off on a environmental schpiel here but here but I like this even more. I have a feeling I won’t be getting one unless they become available online (by that I mean direct not the flippers of course) but has this material been used for bezels or something in the past? Guess I’ll google it since I know have a bunch of unexpected free time.

Yea I had initial worries too if it were limited but @Robert-Jan verified that it is definitely not, Swatch will churn them out to meet demand
Screenshot_20220324-141951_Instagram.jpg

Like 1
I suppose people previously buying fake Onega’s can buy a moon swatch

Are you sure it's unlimited?

Yep. Not limited. And later on, also available online. If Mr Hayek tells me that during the meeting, I assume he knows :-)

Like 9
I hope they bring this model to the online store, I'd love to have some color change up at work!

These will sell like wildfire and they will certainly get into the hands of those who can’t afford the real deal.

The Mission to Saturn is the most interesting looking piece IMO and makes me wish they had gotten more campy with the dials, then I would’ve been a customer. Maybe a “deep space” dial or the inside of a shuttle, or a UFO.

C179B0E9-782F-42EC-BEE9-86432632525F.jpeg

Are these watches a sealed unit and not serviceable?
I've had Swatch watches serviced and regulated in the past. I can't say definitively that the watch back can't be removed, but I would be surprised if it could not.

Like 1