Forums Latest Members

Swapping caseback from 2209.5000 (42mm) to 2535.8000

1. kylewu Nov 25, 2016

Greeting guys !!

As title, I have a 2209.5000 (42mm), and would like to know if it is possible to replace existing one with a display caseback 2535.8000 ?

I will definitely go for a display caseback if it's compatible, thanks !

Appreciate all the comments, thanks !

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 25, 2016

Its a totally different type of case (Planet Ocean vs Seamaster Pro) and different movement (Cal 2500 3 hander vs GMT) so I'd be very wary about them being a straight swap.

kylewu likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 25, 2016

There is no way of telling for sure without trying it - Omega doesn't list enough details or dimensions to determine if parts can be swapped between cases. Sometimes you can get an idea by looking at other things though, and for this question I look at the case back gasket dimensions. They are not the same, so the 22095000 uses a 34 ID X 36 OD gasket, where the 25358000 uses a 34.5 ID X 36.5 OD gasket. 1/2 a mm doesn't sound like much, but it likely means the case backs are not interchangeable. Even if the diameters were the same, there are other considerations, but I think you are out of luck...

Cheers, Al

Jaacck and kylewu like this.
  4. kylewu Nov 26, 2016

Many thanks to your professional reply :)
    I am wondering if there is any display caseback with with the same size gasket 34 ID X 36 OD that i might have chance to try on ?
    Thanks again Al !

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 26, 2016

Maybe, but honestly the time it would take to search for it is not something I'm prepared to do...

kylewu likes this.
  6. kylewu Nov 26, 2016

No worries, I am truely appreciate your comments. If and only if you have a spare time, I can't thank you enough for doing so :)
    I am just eager to find a display caseback to see the inside beauty, I will definitely doing the research myself if I can...
    Thank anyway buddy, cheers :)

7. kylewu Dec 4, 2016

Good Day Archer, I just found out the Aqua Terra could probably compatible, according to the thread below posted by others. What do you think? Would be appreciate if you can provide your thought on this, thank you :)

"What I ultimately mean, is that a cal. 2500 in a AT is the same as the cal. 2500 in a PO. Same with an 1120. Display back or not, the 1120 is always finished the same. I would be very surprised if Omega used different finishing standards on their watches.
    Here is a picture of a Cal. 2500 from a PO: (Compare it to any AT photo you would like, you can do the same with the 1120, and I imagine that if you compare the 1861 and the 1863, I believe the finishing would be the same, with the exception of the mentioned wheel.)"
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/pl...k-263343.html#/topics/263343?page=3&_k=y4m1m4

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 4, 2016

No where in that thread does it say that a case back from an AT is compatible with a PO...

kylewu likes this.
  9. kylewu Dec 4, 2016

Just before the last thread where SynMike wrote " I snapped a couple of pictures when I had my 2201.50.00 open.
    It looked no different from the Aqua Terra I used to own with 2500 movement and exhibition back."

I am thinking if that implies a chance...

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 4, 2016

There's a chance I'll win the lottery today, and a chance I'll look through every AT model Omega makes today to see if any case backs might be compatible. I doubt either is going to happen though...if you want a PO with a display back, either ask the maker of the aftermarket backs shown in that thread, or get one with an 8500.

kylewu likes this.
  11. kylewu Dec 4, 2016

Cool, thanks anyway, Archer. I am grateful to your time and comment.

Just let you know that I did contact the german guy making the aftermarket backs several times with various contact methods( such as email, leave msg on his website, facebook fan pages...) for more than two weeks but haven't got any feedback yet. I really doubt that he is still in business.
    Man I really don't want to waste your valuable time, appreciate your assistance only if you are available, you are my last hope :)