Forums Latest Members

Suspicious eBay listing for Speedmaster 3570.50

1. waterproofpt Aug 25, 2016

There is a seller who has listed a Speedmaster 3570.50 ... 4 times .... and apparently using the same watch. It is the same pictures at least. He lists his location as Portland, Oregon, but the description says it ships from Japan, by EMS China Post. The bidding history looks very similar. And one of the listings has an ask now price.
    The seller has only 4 activities on eBay and bad feedback.

This is so blatant, that it makes one wonder if its an inexperienced seller who made multiple listings (by mistake??? ) Hmmmmmm . I have sent them a message, (asking if it was available for seeing FTF in Portland and enquiring about shipping from Japan) but rather doubt that I will get a reply. I will update.

IMG_5712.JPG

I don't have the experience to bring this to the attention of the eBay admin, so maybe someone can do that.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Omega-Speedm...349849?hash=item2370bdea59:g:C-oAAOSwHoFXsG53Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. alam Aug 25, 2016

... "he's all over the map"..:cautious:

and...

:p

arrow.PNG
    Edited Aug 25, 2016
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 25, 2016

its fake

4. waterproofpt Aug 25, 2016

I agree but wanted to call him out by sending a message. @dsio Do you mean fake add or fake Speedie? Or both?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. novina Aug 25, 2016

Apparently also sold this, Omega Speedmaster Apollo 13 25th anniversary 3595.52 for just a tick over $1000.00. Really?? Also all bidders are protected, shill bidding so blatant it is ridiculous.

martinzx likes this.
  6. Kofosu Sep 17, 2016

Fraud

7. Trumak Sep 21, 2016

Yea I felt bad for people bidding on this garbage so I messaged him to see what I'd get and I wasn't disappointed.

Me:
    So you have this watch labeled as 3570.50 which is incorrect. The 3570.50 model has no day/date function, is not a chronometer, is 42mm not 40mm, and has a hesalite crystal not sapphire as stated in your listing. Also the date window at 6 o'clock is all kinds of wrong. Please edit/remove your listing or I will report you for a fraudulent listing.

Him:
    No , this is real .

you don't see this warranty .

At which point I reported him to ebay and proceeded to intentionally bid and win the phony item to avoid a noobie getting screwed over. Obviously he wasn't going to file a non-payment and has not since posted another listing. /shrug

drhex, West Slope, meganfox17 and 7 others like this.
  8. soybeanwatch Sep 21, 2016

Kudos! Many unsuspected people won't know how much you just saved them =)

Trumak likes this.
  9. ohmzx Oct 9, 2016

Applaud and respect all the goos efforts to help other in this forum! Amazing , using you passion others.