Forums Latest Members
  1. guillaumeabxl Mar 11, 2016

Hello,

I've been proposed to buy a Polerouter Case. My concern woulb be to know if it is really NOS and if it is a Polerouter case. Too bad it is missing the crown : (

Here are the pictures, if you can comment, thanks :

UG_polerouter_case_2.JPG UG_polerouter_case_1.JPG

2. Severin Mar 11, 2016

While folks are at it, has anyone observed a correlation between inside caseback design and caliber?? For example, I've personally seen the UG shield on inside casebacks in calibers 218 and above, whereas the shield is absent in examples i've seen of caliber 215. I seem to recall the shield present again on 138s, but not from first hand experience.

In other words, in addition to the question posed by the OP, I wonder whether we can also conclude the caliber of the OP's example?

Based on my limited experience, and based on what can be seen in the pics above, I suspect it might be a cal 215.

Does this seem premature?

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 11, 2016

Not sure how to correlate this, but here goes.

I had three Polerouters, one cal. 138ss bumper, this one has the logo and serial number on the outside of the caseback.

Second one (sold to a forum member) was a cal 218-2 and had logo on the inside and serial number hand engraved on the outside of the caseback.

Last one is a Polerouter Jet. This one has never been opened by me. and may never have been opened by anyone, so I just don't know. But serial number is on the outside as well.

I suspect the answer might be different depending on case metal also.
    gatorcpa

Edited Mar 12, 2016
  4. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Mar 12, 2016

cicindela likes this.
  5. 10H10 Mar 12, 2016

UG NOS.PNG

Hi Guillaumeabxl,

If you look at the third photo from this case (that I post here), it seems that the back has been repolished and the reference / serial, erased in the process. Some kind of NOS ! :whistling:

Severin likes this.
  6. Severin Mar 12, 2016

Nice catch. I hadn't appreciated that additional photos of this item were available online!

7. guillaumeabxl Mar 12, 2016

I receive some more pics from the seller. Will post for confirmation

8. guillaumeabxl Mar 12, 2016

Okay, the pictures are bad. Can't tell more form the old ones.
    Lugs looks pretty sharp but has 10h10 said earlier the back seems polished.

$_122.JPG $_12.JPG