Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Superbly Hand Engraved “Watches by Nick” Harris Commander with Glossy California Dial (Seiko Based)

1. sxl2004 May 17, 2017

For your consideration, a superbly hand engraved “Watches by Nick” Harris Commander watch with glossy California dial.
    Watches by Nick was founded by Nick Harris and evolved into the Orion Watch project. He modified Seiko watches and transformed them into objects of beauty. One of his projects was offering hand engraved versions of his watches in very low numbers, they are hand engraved after all.
    Here we have one of these hand engraved beauties. The watch is based on a Seiko watch and features a glossy California dial with classic railroad minute markers printed in gilt. The hour markers are lume printed Arabic and Roman numerals which characterize the so-called California dial, first used by Rolex. The dial has no other markings, letting the glossy surface and the gilt printing shine. The hands are the golden syringe type filled with lume. The case is stainless-steel and features hand engraving on the bezel and the top of the lugs. Viewed from top the watch has a fully engraved appearance. Please see pictures for details. The crystal is likely to be sapphire, but at least Hardlex. The watch features an exhibition case back which exposes the Seiko 7S26C automatic movement, harboring 21 jewels. Overall the watch is just striking!
    The watch comes on a new brown genuine leather N.A.T.O. strap.
    It measures lug to lug 42.3mm, 38mm wide without crown, 40.2mm wide with crown and 13mm high.
    The watch is in like new condition and only worn a few times. It should be running without need for a service for a few years.
    No box or papers are included

Price: $399 OBO

PayPal and bank transfers are accepted. Please add 3% fees for PayPal payments. Shipping & handling is included for CONUS and added for all other countries. Shipping is fully insured and of course the correct value will be used for custom purposes. If PayPal is used, I will ship only to verified addresses. I prefer to ship directly to the buyer, if other arrangements are made I will not be responsible after dropping off the shipment.
    I have bought a few watches here on OF and I can provide you with feedback from EBay and Etsy if requested. The buyer may share feedback ratings on request.
    Returns will not be accepted unless the watch is grossly different from the description. Please ask relevant questions before you commit to buying.
    Unfortunately, I am not a watchmaker and therefore cannot guarantee the future performance or water resistance of the watch. I do however try to describe the watch as accurately as possible. I wish this transaction to be win/win and I will do everything to make it so.
    1IMG_2312.JPG 2IMG_2331.JPG IMG_2259.JPG IMG_2260.JPG IMG_2263.JPG IMG_2318.JPG IMG_2321.JPG IMG_2323.JPG IMG_2325.JPG IMG_2327.JPG
    Thanks for your interest and to OF for the space and opportunity to post this FS ad.

Edited Jul 6, 2017
    Spacefruit, Foo2rama and neilfrancis like this.
  2. sxl2004 May 18, 2017

Bump

3. sxl2004 Jun 4, 2017

Price reduced

watch3s likes this.
  4. sxl2004 Jul 6, 2017

Reduced to $399 or best offer.