Forums Latest Members
  1. joelapatrick Jul 14, 2017

Hey everyone, just got this watch. I paid £30, mainly because I really love the look, patina, size, and old strap.

That being said, I really don't know much about the watch. Do you know anything about it? Did I get a good deal? Ha. Any information appreciated.

IMG_3379.jpg IMG_3387.jpg
    Vitezi likes this.
  2. Vitezi Jul 14, 2017

If you like it and will wear it, I think you got a good deal regardless of the price. Mikrolisk records the wordmark "Superatic" as a belonging to Georges Benguerel Fils & Co (Montres Benguerel Fils) of La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. The mark was registered in 1932, although I'd guess your watch dates to the late-1940s to mid-1950s based on the style.

3. joelapatrick Jul 14, 2017

Thanks, dude. Really interesting info. I do really the look of it and think it's much better in person than in pictures. Cheers.

downtownbobbyb likes this.
  4. morningtundra Jul 15, 2017

Attractive piece. I'd suggest taking some Polywatch to the crystal, so you can get a better look at the dial. [emoji1417]

joelapatrick likes this.
  5. joelapatrick Jul 15, 2017

Thanks!

6. ConElPueblo Jul 15, 2017

The marks on the crystal is from shrinkage/stress, so can't be polished off - they're "in" the crystal, so to speak, as opposed to "on" the crystal...

I'd be more concerned about the strap myself! :eek::D

joelapatrick likes this.
  7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 15, 2017

Me too, I think the plastic strap is awful. It would look so much nicer on a plain leather strap.

The crystal is the biggest worry, a bump at the wrong angle and the crystal could collapse and damage the hands and dial. I'd suggest you get it serviced and get a new crystal, it's a nice looking watch and worth spending a few bucks on.