Forums Latest Members
  1. TheCaptainOfTech Feb 1, 2015

well guys and gals it's finally the day and as someone who is currently living in Washington all I gotta say is GO HAWKS! Any of yall got any traditions during the Super Bowl also what team are yall rooting for?

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 1, 2015

Does watching something else count? That would me my tradition on Superbowl Sunday. The only reason I even know who's playing is because all the news about "deflate-gate" so normally I don't pay enough attention to even know the teams involved...

If I am going to watch football (a very rare thing) it will be the CFL, not the NFL. And really the only CFL game I watch is the Grey Cup, if I watch any at all. I'm certainly not watching a pre-game show for any event that 6 six freaking hours long!

Oh, and when I saw this I thought it was great...

[​IMG]

Cheers, Al

3. flw history nerd Feb 1, 2015

Hilarious!! I almost choked when I saw that!

4. flw history nerd Feb 1, 2015

My fiancée is an Eagles fan, I'm a Packers fan, and I live near Detroit, where the Lions fans have had to suffer futility for 58 years and counting. No dog in the hunt today ... just a pot of chili on the stove, a cold beer, and hoping for an entertaining game.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 1, 2015

I'm not a lover of either team. I think this is going to be the Seahawks day today 26-24.

As far as "Deflate-gate" is concerned, the referees involved should all be fired. That's their job, to check the equipment on both sides.

Much ado about nothing, IMO.
    gatorcpa

6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 1, 2015

Canadians! :rolleyes:

I've been half watching the pre-game all afternoon. Dude Perfect was amazing, and Playmate Miss June (or was it January::confused2:: not that it matters;)) explaining why the hare (bunny) will beat the tortoise was a highwater mark for sports analysis.

Let the game begin! :p

7. alfanator Feb 1, 2015

Go Hawks!

I do live in Seattle :)

TheCaptainOfTech likes this.
  8. repoman Feb 1, 2015

I'm going out for a ride on my Supermoto... not much of a football fan, plus nobody is on the roads making the ride that much better. I'll stop by my buddies place for the 2nd half, that's about as much football as I care to watch.

9. flw history nerd Feb 1, 2015

Actually, if you've seen the new commercial for the Mercedes AMG GT, you know that the race between the tortoise and the hare is a bit different ...

10. ricardorio Feb 1, 2015

But I have a problem... Argentina vs. Brazil Soccer Sudamerican Championship´s in the next hour...

Do not worry, NFL Super Bowl is my choice.

20150201_200545.jpg

11. x3no Feb 1, 2015

Go Seahawks!! ... says the drained, relentless, tired, and defeated Redskins fan.

12. woodwkr2 Feb 1, 2015

Quilmes? O, que prefieres?

13. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Feb 1, 2015

The guy on the radio says that there's only 17 minutes of actual game play in the average superbawl game.... so thats 3.25 hours of pregame, post game, Bud ads with nice horses and large men patting each other's butts while they work out the next 30s interval of play, and 0.25 hours of actual sports.

Or you can watch Aussie rules football where the action is fairly continuous except for breaks to haul the broken bodies away to the pub for repair.

During any other program we whine about ads if they total more than 10 minutes per hour and people line up to see the superbowl which is one big long ad.......

What am I missing here

14. TheCaptainOfTech Feb 1, 2015

Did anyone else just see the what if your tv went out. I freaked out for about 2 min lol GO HAWKS!

Darlinboy likes this.
  15. base615 Feb 1, 2015

I'm going for the Pats today for two pretty useless reasons:
    1. I'm a Bears fan and we smashed them into next week in Superbowl XX. Had they won that game I'd feel differently
    2. I was born the very same day as Brady

16. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Feb 1, 2015

They got me. ::censored::

Our cable has been acting up and I was briefly fuming that it was going to fritz out on the game.

TheCaptainOfTech likes this.
  17. Baco Noir Feb 1, 2015

Enjoying some good eats and funny commercials.
    [​IMG]

Darlinboy and TheCaptainOfTech like this.
  18. TheCaptainOfTech Feb 1, 2015

Man that looks good

Baco Noir likes this.
  19. flw history nerd Feb 1, 2015

No cable to go out, but my younger son and I are watching online ... Chili to eat and an ice cold martini (the kid's drinking pop - don't panic!) ... Bonus: snow day tomorrow!

20. flyingout Feb 1, 2015

We need to put that to a test. Does anyone here have a stopwatch?