Forums Latest Members

SOLD SULTANA Chronograph - vintage 50s - Landeron 48

1. Rochete Dec 1, 2018

Hello All,

Drastically reducing my collection of affordable 50s-60s chronographs, so there goes this one today:

pic 1.jpg

pic 10.jpg

pic 12.jpg

SULTANA
    was a Swiss company which designed and made watches using Swiss movements during the 50s and 60s.

516c393a15a10_260372b.jpg

DIAL: As seen in photos. Generally in good condition with all elements present but with a few small marks (between 10 and 15, at 20 on inner track; 13 on middle track) Outter telemetric scale in blue is largely intact. Hands left some friction marks on subdials, this is presently solved. Love the art-deco numerals and the lancet hands.

CASE: Excellent condition, Sharp edges. Gold plated, I presume 20 micras. Plating intact, no flaking, loss or wear. No dings, gashes or marks other than seen on magnification. Some wear on pushers. Diameter 37mm without crown. Love the carved lugs.

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

pic 4.jpg

pic 5.jpg

pic 6.jpg

pic 7.jpg

pic 8.jpg

pic 9.jpg

MOVEMENT: Equiped with a Landeron 48. Keeps time well although I make no claim on accuracy. Chrono, reset to Zero work as they should. My watchmaker inspected it on October 2018 and adjusted some screws and springs, other than that service history is unknown.

pic 11.jpg
    (textile fiber was blown off later :rolleyes:)

Price: €315 including tracked registered shipping from UE (Spain)
    (I might not be able to ship to certain countries).
    (Depicted band included with watch)
    Payment: Bankwire or Paypal F/F preferred. Paypal G/S (+4%) OK from established members.
    Return: If watch grossly misrepresented, within 48h from reception.
    Feedback: I can provide plenty of buying and selling feedback on ebay and the Spanish horological forum.

All questions welcome.
    Thanks for looking.

shishy likes this.