Forums Latest Members

suggestions - too late to get on list with OB for Ed white or Snoopy?

1. jordanrules Nov 29, 2020

Is it too late to get on the list with an OB, and what is your suggestion to get on the list? I have a few timepieces to purchase from omega (total cost 20-25k), but i didnt want to go gray if the OB can help get me on the list for Ed white or Snoopy, if i buy from the OB. Im sort of new to this, can someone help make some suggestions. THanks.

2. Donn Chambers Nov 29, 2020

Neither of those are limited editions, so just contact the OB and they can put in the order for you.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 29, 2020

Lists are still good for both watches, just a bit of a wait for Snoopy at the moment.

Was told today that Snoopy list will be back up in a few months after a few batches start being delivered. The initial sign up was far more than they expected and don’t want to take all the people that want one now as some countries have deposits. Countries without deposits didn’t want people from overseas where deposits were needed on their books.

4. jordanrules Nov 29, 2020

In the USA does one have to leave a deposit typically, and is there a minimum spend in the USA at an OB? Im happy to achieve both, but just wondering what the prevailing wisdom is for the USA.

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 29, 2020

US there is a deposit. Let the boutique know you want to go on the list. Not sure if all lists are closed for now,(I’m in Aussieland) but your boutique is who you want to talk to.
    It’s not Rolex there is no minimum spend or other shenanigans. If your on a list and have a deposit you will get one eventually. Just happens you want two of the watches that there is a wait for at the moment.
    Both watches are not limited.

Ed white was always only about a 1000 a year and Snoopy is non limited with about a 3 year run.

6. texasmade Nov 29, 2020

People have been reporting that US list for Snoopy is closed for now. Deposits for Snoopy was $5k. I haven’t seen anyone say that the EW list is closed but have read that a full deposit is required for that one.

7. sgrossma Nov 29, 2020

They are taking names for both, but not taking deposit orders.

I guess you can call it a pre-list list.

Once a certain number of orders on each list is met and the time has come, they will get in touch with you about making a full deposit.

In either case you are probably looking at close to 2 years before you have a watch in hand.

8. Evitzee Nov 29, 2020

This is country dependent. Almost all US locations will require a deposit of some sort, maybe $5k, but this can vary by location. But you can get it back if you cancel your order.

9. savio.79 Nov 29, 2020

What is the situation in Italy?
    Any feedback?

10. Martin_J_N Nov 29, 2020

Neither watch is a limited edition but both watches will be difficult to get hold of.

The Snoopy is extremely popular and waiting lists currently closed but this may change once Omega starts getting watches to the stores, the Ed White is simply limited by the number Omega are going to produce each year, estimates say between 1200-1500 SS versions available each year with the balance being the platinum version, again so few watches so many people.

11. sgrossma Nov 29, 2020

Just to clarify -

In the US (in New York), they are taking names for the next batch, but not taking deposit orders just yet. Contrary to some beliefs, they don’t actually want to be holding your deposits for years.

The boutique said once the current list with deposits starts clearing out, they will contact the name-only list to start making full deposits (which officially secures a watch).

If you act now, you should be able to get both watches, eventually. I wouldn’t wait too long on the Snoopy though. I think that one will be harder to get as time goes on.

12. csf Nov 29, 2020

Sounds pretty spot on.

My daughter lives in NYC, right near the Freedom Tower ( site of old World Trade Center twin towers ). There is an Omega Boutique in the new shopping mall there. Yesterday she went in to inquire for me about the Snoopy.

They put her name on their waiting list, no deposit required, and told her it would be about two years.

13. Barstoolman Nov 29, 2020

Never too late to get on the list, whether you’ll get a watch or not is a different story. Cheers!

14. Boston Bert Mar 14, 2021

Not what I experienced. Had to give 100% for the snoopy six months ago (still no watch). I was told no deposits for the EW when if was first announced...over 1 year ago. I can understand the EW is legitimately rare and see why they would restrict it and not take deposits if they are unsure they can satisfy demand, but the snoopy is mass produced, like any omega, so the games with it are inexcusable.