Forums Latest Members
  1. Brian S.M.P. Dec 22, 2012

Hi there. Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can prevent my watch strap being easily scratched ? It is beautifully polished and scratch free right now but I wondered if there was a way of preventing the clasp being scratched with daily wear. Where it says omega on the clasp this part is particularly vulnerable.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 22, 2012

Unfortunately, short of switching to a rubber strap like the Isofrane, there's nothing you can do. The good news is, the clasp is brushed, and extremely easy to return to its original condition with very mild work.

3. Brian S.M.P. Dec 22, 2012

Thanks for that. Where can I learn to do this or is it for professionals like you only ?

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 22, 2012

Well, I'd leave it until servicing myself, if you do it more often it wears away more steel. But if you wanted to, a very fine and light abrasive on a block to keep it level gets the job done.

5. Brian S.M.P. Dec 22, 2012

Am a long way from doing this but it's good for advise and knowledge. Is scotch brite or a fine sand paper ? And would you use a polishing compound like g3 ?

6. ulackfocus Dec 22, 2012

My advice: wear it and don't worry so much. Get it brushed / polished at service.

7. Brian S.M.P. Dec 22, 2012

Thanks again.

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 22, 2012

Totally agree, you'll enjoy it much more if you don't worry about every nick.

9. Steve Dec 23, 2012

Agree, you' 'll be polishing it every time there's a scratch, just enjoy wearing it. If it worries you that much wear long sleeves :)

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 23, 2012

One of the best parts of buying pre-owned is you don't have to worry about scratches, because you don't know if they were already there or not. I don't even care banging my new SS Daytona into anything as its got so many small scuffs already from the previous owner.