Forums Latest Members
  1. Abuemily Jul 1, 2019

Hey guys, new to the forum and looking for a help from anyone who might have the experience. Currently own a Speedmaster Pro and a Railmaster; looking to add either a Gen 2 or Skywalker X-33 to the collection. Anyone here might have owned both and have any thoughts? Thinking size-wise, as I know the newer model is a bit larger... fit and finish? Unfortunately, over in the hinterlands overseas, so no opportunity to try one on. Will be worn as my “mission/ travel” watch. Appreciate any and all thoughts or suggestions.

2. jets Jul 2, 2019

I have the SW. Amazingly wearable and super light. My daily beater.

3. JohnnyRocket Jul 2, 2019

Hi Good Morning

The X-33 is a delightful well thought out Watch. I obtained a Sky Walker version
    In late April, and I find that I put it on almost daily. I find the light weight of the
    Case and bracelet to be a big plus in the astounding comfort And wearability
    of it. The face reads effortlessly at just a glance and The programable features
    are dependable and easy to use.
    I liked it so much that I acquired both a Gen 1 and a Gen 2 for my collection.
    You can find a number of very good models out there, for reasonable money.
    Both of mine are rebuilt and in mint condition. I do like to wear the Gen 2
    Around to mix things up. I just only found that the SW wears a bit more comfortably in relation to the protrusion of the crown. I find the 2 seems to
    Hit me in the bending of the wrist a tiny bit more.
    I have other mechanical Omegas - but dang they just seem so much heavier...
    As I’m sure nature intended. A great Gen 2 is about 1/2 the price of a new SW.
    But there is that Cool factor of the ESA qualification and that it is current issue
    On the ISS!

4. amiga500 Jul 2, 2019

Starman71 and larryganz like this.
  5. JohnnyRocket Jul 2, 2019

The Solar Impulse is a beautiful version. My good Friend bought one the same time I purchased my SW. Great colors ! So Seattle Seahawk!

6. Abuemily Jul 2, 2019

Hate to say I’m from the Boston area, as I’m sure the memory still stings. But appreciate the input—I think I may have to take a look at the SI version, as I’m a big NATO wearer.

7. amiga500 Jul 2, 2019

The Nato it is supplied with is very cool

8. JohnnyRocket Jul 2, 2019

No Worry!
    I am still very Mad at the Sea Hawk Management in regards to personnel trades...
    But never enough to side with “Them Cheatin Patriots”....
    So there You have it. Hahahaha...

9. jets Jul 2, 2019

Lume in SI bezel bugs me because it is not on my regular flavoured version :p

10. larryganz The cable guy Jul 2, 2019

Yeah, I'm a big fan of both the Solar Impulse LE (mine) and Skywalker (gave to my son for HS graduation). I put mine on the Ti bracelet, but it also works great with the blue Everest brand rubber strap for a Rolex GMT, and with a blue perlon strap from Strapcode.

IMG_2321.jpeg
    IMG_2405.jpeg
    IMG_3902.jpeg

11. Abuemily Jul 3, 2019

Got to say, the SI LE looks really nice on the bracelet. Thanks y’all for the great input and photos!

larryganz likes this.
  12. Ian_km Jul 3, 2019

SI on titanium bracelet looks excellent, well done. Certainly need to add an X-33 at some point.

13. JohnnyRocket Jul 3, 2019

I think that you fellas will find that the Titanium bracelet fits and wears great
    On any of the X series watches. Light and comfortable it doesn’t pull any
    Of the hair from my Sasquatch like wrists. You also notice no irritation from
    The heat on hotter days - no urge to scratch . Plus a simple quick rinse under
    The tap cleans the days sweat. Easy.
    I am waiting to try it out on my forthcoming Z-33.

14. jets Jul 3, 2019

What grinds my gears is the price is not much different without a titanium bracelet! The NATO should have been a bonus in addition to the bracelet. I already thought about the idea that it is to add less weight to a solar plane bla bla bla as well but the bracelet could be taken off for flights :p

15. JohnnyRocket Jul 3, 2019

Yep, I see your point. The bracelet is pricy. Would have been a great pairing
    On the Solar Impulse. My thing is the durability of the nato. I find that it
    Is far easier to just snap on the bracelet versus threading and weaving the nato on. Now I’m handicapped by bad fingers so lacing my shoes is pain enough.
    My best friend though swears by the nato.
    How to they wear for daily dirt and wash ability ?

16. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jul 3, 2019

X-33 floating aboard the ISS ( Expedition 39 in 2010 )
    2010_STS130.jpg

17. ras47 Jul 4, 2019

I love the Skywalker basic. It just screams "Mars" to me.

Starman71 likes this.
  18. Abuemily Jul 5, 2019

This picture here makes me want to reach for my checkbook (okay, PayPal account).

amiga500 and SpeedyPhill like this.
  19. amiga500 Jul 5, 2019

Thought I'd give it a go on the X33 Regatta strap. I think I have a winner now!

[​IMG]IMG_20190704_142231 by ataripower, on Flickr

20. Blackdog Jul 5, 2019

My SW in Si style....

[​IMG]

Abuemily and amiga500 like this.