Forums Latest Members

suggestions needed for future ladies classic.....

1. xcentric May 2, 2015

Am looking to buy a 2009 birth year watch for my daughter, and am in need of suggestions as to what may be a good choice. Omega great (got a Seamaster 300 for my son) but other brands more than welcome. Can be a smaller man's watch as well as a ladies one - she's quite a tomboy and likely to continue that way. Can be either for special wear or for everyday (I'd almost prefer everyday) and if it's feasible for me to wear it for a bit too, then that helps as it would make it more symbolic for her when she eventually gets her hands on it (when she's 21 or something.....)

Currently the only one I've really considered is a Blancpain Villeret (plain and simple version) but would welcome all thoughts.....

If you have an image of the watch as well as a name, even better.....

thanks in advance.....

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 3, 2015

Omega Aqua terra has a very elegant woman's watch with a co-ax movement in both 30mm and 34mm, so good sizes.

3. Superdoc May 3, 2015

I think that the Ladymatic is as Iconic as you could hope for in a lady's watch...

A classic since 1955
    not just a smaller version of a man's watch
    the smallest escapement ever produced by Omega ( possibly the smallest ever automatic movement at the time)

and a beautiful timeless design...

And available in a variety in colours..

here's my wife's 2...

mixing up strap and bracelets ... it looks good each way to me...
    image.jpg

DSC00444.JPG DSC00632.JPG 2014-08-10 15.57.17.jpg
    Edited May 3, 2015
    repoman likes this.
  4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 3, 2015

Reverso?

Archer and nlogax like this.
  5. nlogax May 3, 2015

6. SeanO May 3, 2015

Rolex DJ would be metrosexual enough

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 3, 2015

I'll chime in and say Reverso as well. But given that 36 mm is considered a very small watch by many these days, a vintage DateJust would also work. My wife wears hers pretty regularly.

yinzerniner and nlogax like this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 3, 2015

Cartier tank is in the running for a ladies piece too but when you get down to Tank Vs Reverso the Reverso is just a cooler watch all around.

nlogax likes this.
  9. xcentric May 6, 2015

thanks all

10. yinzerniner May 6, 2015

As for watches that come in unisex sizes (around 34-37mm) that were produced in 2009, possibly a piece from Nomos? They aren't quite all everyday pieces but they have timeless Bauhaus designs, in-house movements, and are a versatile wearer in terms of aesthetic if not activity.

I'm pretty sure there were some Grand Seiko mechanicals made in 37mm in 2009 as well, although I don't think there were any Spring Drive models in that size since the movement is a bit larger and probably didn't fit in a 37mm case.

Al's suggestion of a DateJust is perfect - my friend and his girlfriend constantly battle over who gets to wear his, and it looks great on both of their wrists.