Forums Latest Members

Suggestions for servicing in the US?

1. gophishin Jul 8, 2016

I'm hoping to solicit some suggestions for a good, vintage-friendly, watch servicing person/shop in the US. I've done the google searches, and (other) forum suggestions can be hit or miss, but I'm seeking a watchmaker that can hopefully become, "my guy" to send stuff to moving forward, and would prefer to have recommendations/references from you all.

At risk of this sounding like a personal ad, I would like to find someone that communicates well - would prefer to know if something is running behind, being notified of shipping, tracking numbers, any issues that come up, etc., respects vintage pieces and won't inadvertently touch up or replace something, meticulous, and preferably in the western half of the US, just for timely shipping.

I've struggled to find someone consistently reliable locally, so I'm hoping you guys can provide some suggestions for service shops you trust and have had success with.

First up, I have an Enicar Sherpa Jet that spent two weeks on my wrist traveling through China only to stop running in between connecting flights on the way home. I was always careful to tuck it away in the suitcase when going through security, but I noticed it had stopped running after one of my last checks, so I'm hoping it's as simple as something got magnetized. The service history is unknown anyways, so a routine COA wouldn't hurt either. Up until then it kept amazing time with continuous wear. And just for good measure, because this thread would be boring without pics, here's a few from my time with it in China.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.jpg 6.JPG 7.jpg
    sky21 and Taddyangle like this.