Forums Latest Members

Suggestion/feature: Movement Reference Pic Forum

1. Lex4TDI4Life Jan 22, 2013

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, so please move to the best one...

I recently viewed a Speedmaster thread with an excellent reference pic of a 321 movement and it got me to thinking...

Wouldn't it be amazing if we had reference pics of ideal/best examples for each prominent Omega movement? A forum with a thread for each movement would be invaluable to the user community when researching potential acquisitions. This could be something of an organized image database to enhance information that is already available.

Obviously, as a newbie, I would benefit from such a forum far more than I would be able to contribute to it. Thus, I would not blame any of our more experienced members for shooting the idea down out of fairness and burden. In either case, what does everyone think?

2. ulackfocus Jan 22, 2013

Not a bad idea, but each caliber could have several variations. For instance, the bumper 354 could have a standard rotor or one marked CHRONOMETER. There were also some minor variations in the 55x and 56x calibers - some had just the Ω symbol above the caliber number, and others had a 1 inside the Ω symbol. I don't know if anyone really even knows exactly what those differences were. Might be better to ask on a case by case basis.

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 22, 2013

And we already have dr ranfft website also

4. Lex4TDI4Life Jan 22, 2013

5. ulackfocus Jan 22, 2013

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2013

Probably a single thread with an index of images maintained and updated in its original post? Could keep it in the photography section and make it a sticky

Lex4TDI4Life and SpikiSpikester like this.