Forums Latest Members
  1. ICONO May 5, 2017

I am away, attending a family event in Stuttgart, ( my Wife's German ), next weekend - I will have some free time on the following Monday to explore Stuttgart....

I wanted to ask, please,… If any of our German Members, knew if there were any interesting Watch shops / watchmakers / flea markets, worth visiting in the City ?

My interest at the moment, is acquiring, & documenting Tudor 'big block' Chronographs

2. BenjaminT May 10, 2017

Well, I'd rather see some really nice old cars:
    Mercedes Benz Museum
    Porsche Museum

or maybe some art:
    Staatsgalerie

I have not found a single FOIS in this village, but if you insist on watches:

New watches:
    Top dog, very posh jeweller, indifferent personal:
    Juwelier Kutter
    Second house on the square, no Omega but more knowledgeable and passionate staff:
    Chronometrie von Hofen
    Up scale department store with large watchroom on the first floor. You walk can walk through by yourself and look at the cabinets. A bit like selfridges but nicer with more modern and up scale interior design:
    Breuninger
    German up scale chain jeweller:
    Wempe

Second hand watches:
    A big grey market dealer with a large shopping window with used watches. Prices on the high side. You can check on the net in advance. Don't need to go inside though. Nothing to see there:
    Juwelier Häffner
    Family run second hand watch shop, not on the high street.:
    Willi Rothfuss

Edited May 10, 2017
    Matty01, alam and Foo2rama like this.
  3. ICONO May 10, 2017

Thank you Benjamin

You are very kind to reply to my request

I had already identified just two of the retailers you mentioned - Thank you again for the rest

It is a family weekend, …my Wife's Godson is being confirmed, ( apparently big stuff, if you are Catholic ), so we are there celebrating, but I aim to do a quick trawl on Monday, before flying back to Manchester

Thank you again for your courtesy & kindness

4. alam May 10, 2017

:thumbsup: concur with these two suggestions!! also, the M. Benz factory tour is awesome! (and free admission when I visited!)

5. BenjaminT May 11, 2017

You're welcome!

Have a good trip!
    Wheatherforecast is ~20°C, humid with occasional showers and thunderstorms.

When you finish early - Stuttgart is no horological hotspot - catch commuter train S1 to "Kirchheim (Teck)". After 2 or 3 stations - depending where you start, you will be at "Neckarpark". 5 Min foot walk to the Mercedes Benz Museum. They even have some horological pieces ;).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Matty01 likes this.