Forums Latest Members

SOLD Stunning 1951 Omega Seamaster 2577-1 Cal 351 (Bumper) Rose Gold Capped

1. Spike Mar 14, 2016

1.jpg

Offered up for sale is 'Rosie' my lovely Rose gold capped Seamaster dating from @1951 (12640230) bought 2 years ago via the forum.......

Apparently serviced prior to my ownership (no documentation present) it went into my watchmaker after purchase for a check over who gave it a clean bill of health and said it looked nice and fresh.

It winds, sets and keeps time exceptionally well gaining just a few seconds over 24hr periods when worn over these last few days, it has however spent most of its time locked away hence the reluctant decision to put it up for sale.

I've tried to show as many pictures as I can at different times of the day under different lighting conditions to fully appreciate how lovely this watch is. It is a particularly nice 'orangey' rose gold cap, quite hard to picture to appreciate it's full effect and comes complete on a new leather strap & genuine omega rose gold plated buckle purchased from Cousins UK. The watch measures 34.4mm on my micrometer excluding the crown.

The dial shows some nice subtle even aging not really noticeable on the wrist but evident under a loupe and picked up by the high resolution pictures of which I've tried to show with the various pictures of the dial from different angles. The '10 o'clock lug' shows a mark to the capping on the extreme outer edge of the lug, again picked up by the high resolution pictures again not really noticeable in daily wear, in fact having owned the watch for 2 years I've only just noticed it when taking these pictures.....

The watch, strap and buckle owe me £720 and I'm willing to listen to 'net' offers in and around that figure, I'm hoping to purchase a modern Omega in the new future and therefore reluctant sacrifices have to be made!

The watch and myself are UK based.

As a private seller the watch is sold with no returns unless not a genuine original vintage Omega with the pictures being the main description. Please ask if you'd like to see any other angles if you feel the attached are not sufficient for assessment.

Thanks for looking.....

2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.JPG
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.JPG
    14.jpg
    15.jpg

mbeast, sky21, dougiedude and 12 others like this.
  2. ConElPueblo Mar 14, 2016

Dear God...

I may need to lie down a little.

3. JohnSteed Mar 14, 2016

+ 2

I'm lying down now ..... and I'm at work.

What an amazing example

::love::

GLWYS

sliceoftime_, Spike and ConElPueblo like this.
  4. Spike Mar 14, 2016

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

As soon as I listed it I had second thoughts and now it's sold I feel quite unwell!

Thanks very much to the forum however for the sales facility and to the buyer.......the watch is staying in England:thumbsup:

5. ConElPueblo Mar 14, 2016

Thank you for showing this again and big thanks to the buyer for protecting what's left of my bank account :D

Wongo, Spike and JohnSteed like this.
  6. arkstfan Mar 14, 2016

Congratulations to the buyer, very nice pick-up and Spike thanks for offering it here. Truly a classy piece.

terryb111, Severin and Spike like this.