Forums Latest Members

SOLD Stunning 14k gold Longines 'date at 12', rail track dial, original box.

1. Spike Feb 29, 2016

FACE2.JPG
    Regrettably I'm offering up for sale this beautiful solid 14k gold Longines (Cal 341) complete with its original box in mint condition. Comes on pictured strap and aftermarket 'Longines' buckle.

An email copy of the extract from Longines handwritten registers (shown below) date this watch to 8th November 1962, it however looks like it could have just off the production line not actually almost 54yrs ago.

Thank you for your message.
    Further to your request, we are pleased to provide the information contained in Longines' handwritten registers.
    Originally, the serial number 12'063'178 identifies a Longines self-winding movement, caliber 341. It was invoiced on 8 November 1962 to the company Longines-Wittnauer, which was at that time our agent for the U.S.A.

The other parts of the watch were produced locally under license from Longines. Unfortunately, since the relevant archives are not in our possession, we are unable to provide any further information on your model.
    We hope this information will be of help to you and remain at your entire disposal for any further information you may need.
    Truly yours,
    Marion Cattin
    Brand Heritage

I purchased the watch around a year ago and although I have no documented service history it went into my watchmaker for assessment as all my watches do. He deemed it not requiring a service at this time and it has spent virtually all its time with me locked away in my safe. I've just worn it for the last few days and it keeps excellent time to within a few seconds a day. The watch measures 34.5mm on my micrometer excluding the crown.

The beautiful sunburst dial is in virtually mint condition which changes it's appearance depending on the lighting conditions. I've attached below a number of pictures taken on different days at different times to show the watch, if you require any different pictures and angles please ask. Being a 'front loader' I am unable to access the movement myself so the movement and inside case back pictures were taken quickly at my watchmakers and I'm unable to show anything much different to those.

I am asking £620 net by PayPal or bank transfer for this beautiful watch & box, shipping in the UK included. Any other locations at cost but I will contribute the cost of UK shipping towards this.

As a private seller I can only accept a return if the watch is not genuine Longines or significantly not as described but please study all pictures as they form the main part of the description. The watch must obvious be returned in the condition it was sent and at the buyers expense.

Surely a must for any Longines collector;)

OUTER2.JPG
    IMG_1096.JPG
    IMG_1191.jpg
    IMG_1183.jpg
    IMG_1177.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1154.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1085.jpg
    FACE.JPG

FACE2.JPG
    dougiedude, George.A, jose75 and 2 others like this.
  2. Spike Mar 2, 2016

The money has now hit my account so the watch is officially sold.........

Thanks to the buyer and to the forum for the sales facility.