Forums Latest Members
  1. Muttley Feb 25, 2012

Dennis might remember this from a couple of years back. I found a Constellation that may have been from my birth year (68), but I didn't pounce on it, and have been kicking myself ever since (I know - I should let these things go...).
    The thing is, I'm wondering how common this model is, and more importantly, how hard it would be to find another one in as good a condition as possible. This one is on a non-oem strap.
    'Scuse the poor pics, they were taken on a fairly low grade cellphone:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ulackfocus Feb 25, 2012

Contact Tommy (Wetworks). He just picked one up and is considering selling it. They aren't rare, but not as ubiquitous as the C-cased versions (i.e.: 168.017). They wear a little smaller than the C-cases which might be why he's considering offloading it. Might be a '69 model though and I know you would like your birth year.

3. Muttley Feb 25, 2012

Thank you, sir :D

4. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Feb 25, 2012

That looks like a nice one! You could also find one of these, I had to let this one go and it just happens to be from 68!

[​IMG]

5. Muttley Feb 25, 2012

Thanks kyle, but I'm fixated on the constellation like the one in the pics. Still, my resolve is as solid as a bowl of jelly, so anything's possible in my erratic watch collecting...

6. Muttley Feb 25, 2012

Okay, total noob question, but I can't figure out how to send a message on this forum - only thing is the 'start a conversation' thing - but that doesn't seem right.
    Sorry ::shy::

7. Trev The Architect Staff Member Feb 25, 2012

Yep, that's the right place. Just go there and start typing the name of anyone you want to start a conversation (aka 'private message') with.

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 25, 2012

The reason they call it that is that it works very differently from a typical PM system, it doesn't work message to message, but rather it works like a normal forum thread, only that its private to the parties involved (and for that reason you can have MANY people involved, 3 way, 4 way, and more all tracking the same "thread" of conversation.) You'll see what I mean when you use it, its actually pretty nice :)

9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 25, 2012

Another good suggestion for your birthyear watch would be the top loading Constellations Ref. 168.015 and .025:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These turn up about as often as the short-lugged Constellation you are looking at above. The dials tend to fare a little bit better than the average Constellation dial, as the case does a good job of keeping moisture out.

Mondodec wrote a very nice article on these a few years ago:

http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/2008/08/good-buy-constellations.html

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zjzxx3wwtdh/omega constellation168.025.pdf

Good luck,
    gatorcpa

10. Muttley Feb 26, 2012

Thanks for clearing up the PM confusion, and for the pie pan suggestion - much appreciated.
    Cheers.