Forums Latest Members

Struggling to get a perfect fit on my 38mm Aqua Terra. Can I retrofit an OEM clasp/bracelet?

1. UCZ_15 Apr 10, 2022

I've recently re-purchased the current 38mm Aqua Terra - a watch I had back in 2019/2020 but fell out of love with. That one was blue - I didn't dig the colour after a while. The one I've rebought is white. I love it to bits - its so special to look at. Its the one I should've bought the first time around.

I've got to be honest though, I've been STRUGGLING to get the goldilocks fit from the bracelet. I've even purchased extra half-links to try and get the perfect wraparound and compromise for cold morning wrists and out-of-breath swelling wrists alike. Been back to the AD three times to try and work out the right combination of links on each side and what not.

Does anyone know if another 19mm bracelet or ??mm adjustable clasp can be fitted to this bracelet to make it more adjustable and not so top-heavy? Would only want OEM Omega options.

Edited Apr 10, 2022
    hen likes this.
  2. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 10, 2022

Not the answer you’re seeking: Nato for summer, bracelet for winter.

3. SkunkPrince Apr 10, 2022

I wouldn't recommend G10 (aka "NATO") but I would recommend a leather strap. The leather is a lot more tolerant of change in wrist size over the course of a day.

UCZ_15 likes this.
  4. RI Omega Fan Apr 10, 2022

I’m sure you realize this by now, but the half links are not 1/2 the length of a whole link. They’re actually a little longer. It took me a while to figure out that one whole link was shorter than two half links. With this mindset and some fiddling around I was able to dial-in a good fit on my Aqua Terra: 6.75” wrist, eight whole links on the 12 o’clock side, seven whole links on the six o’clock side. All the half links ended up unused.

Similar to your situation, I bought a blue AT 38 in February, but based on the colors in my collection I also wish I had gotten white. If anybody out there made the opposite “mistake“ and wants to trade, let me know. I have the bracelet and the blue rubber strap. Sorry to steal your airtime, but I hope my bracelet advice helps.

Edited Aug 11, 2023
    UCZ_15 likes this.
  5. UCZ_15 Apr 11, 2022

Yeah, I do need to invest in a good leather strap tbh. I've got a few Barton silicone bands for everyday wear so just missing a leather. I hate NATO straps with a passion, they are the absolute worst. They feel awful, they don't dry fast enough, a heavier/thicker watch (any Omega) feels like it can just be yanked off your wrist by a 5 mph wind or someone grabbing your arm. Just a terrible sensation in my eyes. I'm a bracelet/rubber guy - and then I'll maybe use leather at a wedding or something.

Yeah, I ended up measuring them when I went to the boutique! Its more like 60-65% of a whole link, right? The white dial is the best of the bunch, by far. Its also the most legible and playful. This is my only watch alongside an Orient Kamasu diver with red dial so I figured I'd get my everyday anti-magnetic watch, sport watch, dress watch and casual watch all in one with the white dial.

RI Omega Fan likes this.
  6. hen Apr 11, 2022

Does the perfect fit exsist? I am always in the wrong hole with bucle straps, almost there with the Omega bracelet and natos feel unbalanced.

Only once have I had a strap that fitted, and that a cheap fake (sorry Omega) deployme.....deployman....You know a strap with those nifty buckles.

I have been close when I "boiled" my Citizen rubber strap.
    How to make your rubber diver watch straps fit better! Uncle Seiko GL831 used in the video - YouTube

Someone should make a universal adjustable clasp, with end links that fit various makes of bracelet, and they sould start with the Seamaster speedy style bracelet. I would buy that.

7. SkunkPrince Apr 11, 2022

Here is a strange thing you can do. Get some cheap lotion and put it on your wrist in the morning. Your skin will swell and the bracelet will fit tighter. Dial in your bracelet length to that.

8. tjftbay Aug 11, 2023

Over the moon that I finally figured out how to get the butterfly clasp bracelet on my Omega Aqua Terra to fit. I have been wearing a Forstner aftermarket bracelet, which is great, but not the same. I just needed an extra half link, which I purchased for $51 from Topper Fine Jewelers in Burlingame, CA (this place is amazing, BTW). They are an official Omega boutique and have the half links on hand. They helped me size the bracelet and even brushed out the polished center links (for an extra fee, which was totally worth it). IMG_4368.jpeg IMG_4370.jpeg IMG_4369.jpeg

chiefenergy likes this.