Forums Latest Members

Straps And Bracelets - Smp

1. Matt-C Jan 23, 2013

Hi All

I have a couple of quick questions regarding the bracelet on my SMP, I have already posted a thread here regarding sizing and using 2 half links in-place of one full one to increase the size a little. But can someone tell me more for my own interest how the bracelet parts are used, I have spare pins and tubes from the removed parts, but how do they fit together? Do the tubes fit it the holes in the centre of the bracelet or push in from the ends. As I say this is more out of curiosity than anything else as I would have my AD re-size it. But it would be nice to know how they fit together.
    Secondly I have been looking at the 'Hirsch carbon' strap on the net as I fancy the change from time to time, are they any good? Also is removing the bracelet and fitting a strap in its place an easy 'home job' and what would be the minimum tools I would require to do this safely and efficiently without spending lots of money.
    Thanks in advance.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 23, 2013

Ok, the way it works is you insert the tubes into the two holes in the link that are polished, once the tubes are in, and you've meshed that link up against the other part of the bracelet, the pin goes through and the tubes provide friction holding them in place like bushings.

They're best handled by a jeweller or watchmaker professionally and their correct use is important as if they're not correctly installed the pin can slip straight out.

If they're installed correctly though, its an extremely secure and reliable means of securing the bracelet.