Forums Latest Members
  1. zrleopold Nov 22, 2016

Hello all! I made a post a couple weeks back regarding the identification of my grandfather's old Omega. I believe it to be Ref. DW 2864. Further, I believe it to be redialed. The inner seconds track was not original. The redial was most likely done decades ago, but my grandfather does not recall. I don't blame him - he's 91. While I understand the redial affects the value, that is irrelevant to me as I never plan on selling.

I also mentioned that it was in need of servicing. I was quoted $1100 by Omega. Being a college student (with med school on the horizon) that was a bit more than I was comfortable spending. So, I took it to a local vintage watch store (St. Louis) and they offered to have it serviced by their Omega/Rolex Certified watchmaker for $200. Seemed reasonable to me. I know you all like pictures on OF so I have included a before and after picture. Only thing that was replaced was the crystal. As far as I know everything else was left untouched.

However, now I am in need of a nice strap. I do have the JB Champion stretch bracelet that he wore it on, but I was thinking a nice brown leather strap would be more my style. The strap seen in the second picture is just a shitty black strap used as a placeholder at the moment. What do ya think?

Omega DW 2864.JPG Omega 1950.jpg