Forums Latest Members

Strap for Speedmaster Apollo 11 45th Anniversary Limited Edition

1. aecadiz Jan 24, 2015

Hello Everyone

I am looking for a replacement strap for my new watch, the NATO is OK but I would like something else that turns this into a more "bussiness" like watch. I would realy like to go for brown leather.

Would you guys be kind enough to guide me into what size the new strap needs to be? Any sugestions on colors and models are gladly appreciated!

You can see more info on the watch here: http://www.omegawatches.com/collection/speedmaster/moonwatch/presentation/speedmaster-apollo11

Thanks

Andres

2. puddlep1rate Jan 24, 2015

The lug width for Speedmaster straps are 20mm. Hirsch straps are an option that i'll recommend and seem to be a community favorite - http://www.hirschstraps.com/

3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2015

Interesting you post this....

The only reason I don't wear my 45th anniversary is because of the NATO strap. I personally hate the things.

I've seen them on the titanium bracelet and brown alligator/croc leather with titanium deployment and it actually complements it perfectly.

neekon, gttime and tpatta like this.
  4. ketiljo Jan 26, 2015

5. aecadiz Jan 27, 2015

6. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jan 28, 2015

Agree with @DLT222. I think the NATO strap has no style. I replaced mine with a Titanium braclet and could not be happier.
    Looks like it should have been there in the first place.

7. aecadiz Jan 28, 2015

Any chance you could post some pics of the watch with a titanium strap? I though about this but my main concern was that the color of the strap wouldn't match the color of the watch

Would you be kind enough to tell me what model would work? I am only starting at the watch hobbie....

Best Regards

8. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jan 28, 2015

Not wearing it today, but will post a shot or two when I get home from work. I believe it is the same bracelet that comes on the Seamaster Titanium but will confirm from the invoice.

9. bill5959 Jan 28, 2015

The X33 bracelet fits and I have it on mine. If you search here for the 45th you will find pics of it.

10. repoman Jan 28, 2015

I think @hkrauss has taken one of the more beautiful pics of this combination, many of us, myself included, put the X-33 bracelet on the 45th, and think its a perfect match. Omega part # for the bracelet is 020TIZ000765

[​IMG]

Edited Jan 28, 2015
  11. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 28, 2015

This is what this watch should have come like in the first place!

12. aecadiz Jan 28, 2015

That looks awesome! Thanks for the info and reference #

It adds quite a lot of value to the final assembly (in terms of how my wallet is hurting) compared to a leather strap.... but my guess is that this stap will last forever

Will have to sleep on it for a few nights, I was pretty sold on the leather strap before this

This was my first post on this community, thanks a lot to everyone for their input and help :)

Cheers

Andres

13. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jan 29, 2015

14. gttime Feb 1, 2015

Just joined the forum to see the pics of the 45th on bracelet. I own this watch and have it on NATO righ now. I also have a custom brown gator strap coming to go with the titanium deployant.

Any day I'll have the bracelet it's been shipped, but the pics here on this forum make me very nervous. While people are saying the sky walker bracelet fits it sure doesn't look like it to me in these recent pics. The end links are higher than the lugs and there is a gap at the case. I am concerned I wasted a lot of money on people saying this fits.

It looks to me like the bracelet is loose that would mean a lot of metal to metal wear as the end links and case rub against each other.

15. repoman Feb 1, 2015

The X-33 bracelet fits well, its perfectly snug between the lugs, and also flush against the case. This is the same fit as the standard stainless bracelets for Speedy Pro's. Given the Speedmaster Pro has twisted lugs, it means its not going to have that absolute machined perfect fit along the twist. You are over thinking this @gttime

gttime likes this.
  16. gttime Feb 1, 2015

Thanks for the input. Makes me feel much better. In a couple days I'll have the bracelet in my hands.

17. Ferik Feb 1, 2015

[​IMG]

Looks good to me...

Also incredibly light. Incredibly.

Hans the Wolf, GregH and pascs like this.
  18. repoman Feb 2, 2015

Yep, first thing everyone says when I take off the watch and let them handle it is "wow, this is really light"

19. shoota70 Feb 2, 2015

Absolutely outstanding on that bracelet.

I haven't even liked the look of the 11/45 until i saw these pics! Nice work. The nato was such a stupid idea (imo).

watchme likes this.
  20. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 2, 2015

Yes i agree!! I hate the nato that much its not even getting worn and i might even sell it yet!