Forums Latest Members
  1. Watch_novice Feb 27, 2017

My login name tells all. This beautiful watch was a present in 1971. I have worn it infrequently over the years - it is rather dressy. It was serviced once in the mid-90s and still keeps perfect time. The black crocodile strap has finally given up. Perusing the Internet has been confusing. First, I cannot find the exact size (the strap is labeled 11/16 R which I take to mean that the width at the lugs is 16mm and at the buckle 11mm, both confirmed by measurement. The overall length is 70mm on the short part and 107mm on the longer). Second the prices range from $50-$450.
    My questions are: is there a source to replace the strap with an original Omega (longer would be OK)? And perhaps I should not replace the strap myself (although easily done) and have the watch serviced including the strap - but if so do the Forum have any suggestions?
    Sorry for the lengthy post! Any help would be appreciated.

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 27, 2017

Did you forget to attach the photo?

3. alam Feb 27, 2017

I would not be too concerned about replacing the strap with an original Omega one as there are plenty sources that sell excellent quality leather straps that are far better value than one with the Omega label. You may find listings on eBay offering original Omega straps like this one
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Stand...292896?hash=item33c05783a0:g:H5UAAOSwjVVVuy3MPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I just happen to be wearing my Deville this morning

:)

IMG_3854.JPG
  4. Hijak Feb 27, 2017

I have my SMDV on a Hirsch lizard in dark brown (think I'll wear it tomorrow:cool:)...
    Brown Lizzard.JPG
    Just Google Seamaster De Ville in images and you will see all kinds of nice strap combinations, good luck with your search!:thumbsup:

alam likes this.
  5. Watch_novice Mar 2, 2017

Very helpful. Thanks to both of you. I will keep looking.
    What is your approach to servicing? My watch seems to be running well. The hands have lost their luminous properties but is still very beautiful. If I had it here, I would send you a photo. Next time.