Forums Latest Members
  1. Schlotkins Jul 17, 2013

Hi everyone:

I bought a Coaxial limited edition WG watch a couple years ago. I love the watch, but unfortunately with my small wrist (6.5") the strap is just too big. There is one more hole to move the clasp to, but the strap is too thick and it won't snap closed. I've dealt with it the last couple of years, but I want to get it to finally fit properly.

Does anyone have experience with this issue? If so, any suggestions on where to get a shorter strap?

Thanks,
    Chris

photo-1.JPG
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 17, 2013

You can potentially be a bit tricky and fit the brickwork steel bracelet to it (even though its WG).

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 17, 2013

You should be able to order a short strap from your Omega dealer.

4. NT931 Jul 17, 2013

I have even skinnier wrists (6.3") so I know how you feel!

1. If you're willing to consider non-Omega 3rd party straps, there are quite a few options out there from DeBeer, Hirsch etc. Most watch strap websites have a section on short/XS straps, or you can look under the section on ladies' straps. My experience is that strap lengths of 110/65mm or so work better for me, vs the usual 120/80mm or 115/75mm lengths.

There's always custom-made of course - many sites out there - but naturally the cost is higher.

2. A less-often mentioned 'complication' of having small wrists is coping with deployant clasps. The butterfly deployants are IMO more comfy for slim wrists then the single-fold ones; their merits were discussed earlier. Something to think about. I assume your DeVille is on a deployant?

If you'd like some links, pls PM me, I'd be happy to share some info. Hope this helps!

5. danomar Jul 18, 2013

My wrist measures 6.5" or 165mm. For straps, I turned to Giuliano at GV Straps. He has my measurements and is very open to trying new things. He helped me get several right straps for the right watches. He is not cheap, but for the price I think it is a good deal—especially considering that I get straps that actually fit!

[​IMG]

6. Schlotkins Jul 18, 2013

Thanks everyone for the replies. I didn't realize that Omega would have shorter straps - I've only see ads for the standard length, which I have already, or 'long.' There is an Omega boutique at the mall I'm headed to tonight so I will stop in and ask.

I'll also check out the third party brands.

The watch does have the single fold clasp which I am fine with - it seems comfortable enough. Although, it's probably hard to say since I've been wearing it too big. :)

Chris